twenty eight

a few days later-

i woke up to my alarm going off on my phone. normally shawn has an alarm that wakes him up way before me on his phone, but last night when he fell asleep, i managed to turn off his alarm for today.

it was his birthday, and he deserved an amazing day. and that amazing day would start off with a delicious breakfast.

i sleepily made my way out of the bed and grabbed one of his hoodies so i could put it on after i showered.

once i finished all that, i quietly made my way out of the room and to the kitchen. i decided to be generous and make a variety of food. and by variety, i mean a lot.

i made waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, muffins, and fruit bowls. i also got out the things for his nasty ass tea and boiled the water for him.

and of course i had to make my coffee. i deserved it.

after i made all the food, i realized it would be better if i brought him the food to bed. you know, the classic breakfast in bed: birthday edition. and with that, i found a tray i would be able to put the food on.

i got the tray and started placing a few of everything on it, except for his tea, and somehow managed to carry it to the room without tripping. but, i almost had a close call while trying to open the door.

when i stepped inside the room again, shawn was still asleep. but instead of his arms out while facing up, he was faced down while hugging his pillow.

i set the tray down on his nightstand and sat on the bed, "shawn,"

he didn't move, so i tried lightly shaking him, "shawn,"

he still didn't move, so i sat on top of him and shook him as much as i possibly could, "shawn peter raul mendes, i know it's your birthday and all, but i did something nice and you need to appreciate it!"

he turned around, but still kept me on top of him, "what the fuck?"

i put my arms up, "happy twenty third birthday, old man!"

he chuckled, "thanks, i guess,"

"you're very welcome," i said, "i made something for you,"

he pulled me down so i could lay on him and he put his arms around me, "it can wait,"

"it can't," i said pointing to the tray next to him, "it's going to get cold,"

he looked over to the nightstand, "you made me breakfast?"

i nodded before getting off him and reaching for the tray, "of course,"

he looked down at his lap after i placed the tray there, "wow,"

"glad you like," i said while sitting on the bed again before quickly getting back up, "i'll be back,"

he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down on the bed, "no, stay, i'm pretty sure that can wait,"

i raised my eyebrows, "your tea can wait?"

his eyes lit up, "never mind, you can go,"

i chuckled, "that's what i thought,"

i made my way back to the kitchen and started making his tea and my second cup of coffee. once i finished, i grabbed the mugs and started making my way back to shawn.

right as i handed shawn his mug, my phone rang. it was a facetime call from my mom.

i put my mug down and sat on the edge of the bed, "hi, mom,"