twenty

a month later-

what a time to be alive.

today, i graduate. tomorrow, i'm shawn's date to the american music awards. then the day after that, we're off to jamaica.

shawn is taking me to jamaica as a graduation/congrats on your year off/i'm sorry i can't be there present. he planned this awhile ago. he even asked for my parents permission at the cinco de mayo party.

the same day he told me this, was also the day he told me he couldn't go to my graduation because he had to attend some meetings.

yeah, i was upset, but i understood. plus, i was going to see him the day after, so it was okay.

during this conversation, i told him about me taking the year off from school, and he was very supportive.

you can't push yourself too far. he made me realize it was actually okay to take a break from things.

also, aaliyah, karen, and manny were going to come later today. they aren't going to the ceremony, but they were coming to the small party my parents were throwing.

and with all this in mind, i woke up in a good mood.

i only had to go to school for three hours for the final graduation practice, but i still wanted to look presentable.

i changed into a striped tank top, black shorts, a denim like cardigan, a belt, necklaces, the bracelet aaliyah gave me, and nude booties. i left my hair down, and i did simple makeup. [outfit below]

when i finished getting ready, jocelin was already outside waiting for me

"coffee?" she asked right when i got in the car.

"please," i responded.

after getting our iced coffee, we made our way to school for practice. and damn, it was hot.

the whole time during practice, i was texting shawn. he kept on apologizing for not being able to be here today, and i kept reassuring him it was okay. and after awhile, he decided to drop it, only because he had to go to his second meeting of the day.

eventually, we were all dismissed and were to be back in five hours to do the real thing.

jocelin gave me a ride, but before she dropped me off at my house, we went through the mcdonald's drive thru and got fries.

we couldn't help it.

"see you later," i said while getting out of the car.

"bye, hoe!" she screamed back.

i just shook my head and laughed while making my way to my front door.

i went through my bag to get my keys, and i unlocked the front door, "i bought fries for me and me only!"