forty one

two weeks later-

it was christmas eve eve, and i couldn't have been more excited. shawn was coming back to california so we could spend christmas eve with my family, then at midnight, we would head off to lax to catch our flight to canada so we would be able to spend christmas day with his family.

i told him my family and i would pick him up from the airport, but he insisted on taking an uber to my house because he didn't want to bother my parents. my mom and dad weren't too happy with his decision.

when i got out of bed, i helped my mom clean and start lunch. after awhile of helping her, i headed off to my room to get dressed for the day.

i changed into a black long sleeve, skinny jeans, nude heels, sunglasses, a cartier bracelet and ring, and the necklace and watch shawn gave me. for hair, i put it in a bun, and for makeup, i did something simple. [outfit below]

i grabbed my phone and headed to the kitchen, "mom, i'm not waiting until shawn gets here to start eating, i'm starving,"

my mom was no where to be found in the kitchen or living room, but the front door was opened so she was most likely outside. she wasn't in the house to tell me i couldn't, so turned on the stove.

i grabbed three tortillas and put them on the stove. while i was getting the chopped cilantro, lemons, and sauces out, the front door shut. i ignored the door and continued to get the things from the fridge. i got the bowl of chopped onions and shut the fridge door.

i held the bowl while i turned around, but quickly threw it at a giraffe/slender man looking figure that was next to the fridge before dropping to the floor and covering my eyes... like if me covering my eyes was going to help me.

they laughed, it was shawn's laugh.

"i would've continued laughing at what just happened, but you fell and i'm scared you broke something," he said after he quickly got down to the floor and sat with me, "you also threw chopped onions at me, that wasn't pleasant,"

"i'm fine, and oops?" i said while laughing, before i jumped into his arms, "i'm happy you're here,"

"i am too," he said.

i stayed in his arms until i remembered my tortillas were on the stove, "i really don't want to ruin the moment, but my tortillas are going to burn if i don't flip them,"

"wait," he said while standing up after me, "you were planning on eating without me?"

i shrugged, "you wouldn't respond to my texts, so i didn't know how far you were, plus, you know i'm always hungry,"

he laughed, "well then,"

i flipped my tortillas before i added more to the skillet, "have you seen my mother?"

he wrapped his arms around my waist, "your sisters and her went outside for me, then she saw your neighbor and they all started talking,"

"in that case," i said after i unwrapped his arms from my waist and grabbed the broom, "since i'm warming up your tortillas, you should do me a solid by cleaning up the chopped onions i threw at you,"