eight

the day before christmas eve-

the day had arrived. i was leaving canada. canada had definitely treated me well, extremely well. i was definitely going to have to come back in the future.

the whole trip made me realize people can really influence your life in a short amount of time, and the mendes family had definitely influenced my life, and in a good way.

and if you were wondering, we did finish all of the harry potter movies, and after watching them all, i definitely considered myself a gryffindor.

when we finished the movies, it was really late. this caused shawn and aaliyah to have to take me back to my hotel so i could get my stuff and check out because my fight was early in the morning and there was no way i was going to miss it.

karen and manny had work in the morning, so they couldn't come to the airport to say goodbye. they were upset they couldn't come, but i reassured them it was completely fine.

on the way to the airport, i remembered something, i needed to give aaliyah and shawn their christmas presents. when we arrived at the airport and shawn was parking, i quickly reached for my suitcase that contained their presents. i got out of the car in order to give them their presents and both of them had no clue what i was doing.

before i gave them anything, i made a little speech about how i was grateful for all they did for me and such. the gifts were wrapped, so it took them a second to get them opened.

i got aaliyah a charm bracelet that had a pearl and a charm with the letter 'a' on it, and a gray givenchy purse. i got shawn a simple watch for his collection and a journal for his spontaneous ideas.

aaliyah was on the verge of tears while hugging me, "i love it. thank you, cass,"

"it was no problem, liyah," i said while letting go of the hug.

"you didn't have to get me anything," shawn said while hugging me tightly and whispering in my ear.

"yes, i did," i said while still hugging him, "you need to learn how to accept things,"

we eventually let go, but when we did, i noticed aaliyah was holding a big bag and a smaller bag. she then proceeded to hand shawn the smaller bag.

i quickly pieced together what was about to happen, "i swear,"

they both handed me the bags, "you need to learn how to accept things,"

aaliyah got me a pastel pink prada purse and a charm bracelet. shawn got me céline sunglasses and a michael kors watch.

i first hugged aaliyah, "you shouldn't have,"

she laughed while returning the hug, "but i did, and i know you loved it!"

i let go of aaliyah so i could hug shawn and i collapsed in his arms, "you're amazing, like actually,"

he smiled, "thanks, cass,"

i then pulled aaliyah into our hug, "i'm going to miss both of you, like a lot,"

"we're going to miss you too, shorty," aaliyah said while smiling.

"you've been really short the past two days though, where are your heels?" shawn asked.

"you think i'm going to wear heels when it's snowing or when i'm traveling? um, hell no," i responded like if it was obvious.

he rolled his eyes, "point made,"

i looked at the time on my phone and realized my flight was boarding in two hours and i hadn't even stepped inside of the airport, "i should get going,"