thirteen

valentine's day-

i woke up to the sound of my alarm. once i turned off the alarm, i noticed a text from shawn.
"i'm facetiming you in a bit, so you better answer xx"

he probably received his gift.

but shawn and i. where do i start? well, first of all, i don't know exactly what's happening with 'us' or our 'relationship'.

i guess you can say we've been acting friendlier than usual, but i don't really think it's anything major. jocelin, aaliyah, and everyone else on the other hand, beg to differ. they think shawn and i are messing around and should just start dating already.

i don't know what i want though. i mean, i know i like him, but i don't really know in what way.

anyways before i started loosing track of time, i opened spotify on my laptop so i could start getting ready. i actually put effort in my look for the day.

i changed into a red off the shoulder top, ripped skinny jeans, gold necklace, gold rings, the watch shawn gave me, and black boots. for hair, i curled and braided it. and for makeup, i was going to go a little extra than normal. [outfit below]

just as i started my makeup, shawn called me

when i answered the call, his face was really close to the screen, "happy valentine's day!"

"happy valentine's day, loser," i said as i was putting primer on my face, "how has your day been so far?"

"it's been okay," he said, "but now that i'm talking to you, and seeing your beautiful face that doesn't need makeup, it just got way better well,"

i rolled my eyes and smiled, "i'm glad,"

"well," he said while holding up a piece of paper, "i was just following directions,"

i definitely sent shawn, an interesting valentine's day present. no, it wasn't sexual, if that's what you were thinking, but it wasn't your typical chocolates and stuff like that.

i sent him stuff that was definitely my signature style of gift giving. and since this was unexpected for him, i wanted to see his reaction, so on top of the box, i wrote him a note that instructed him to facetime me.

"before i do anything, i just want to say good job picking out the edible arrangement because my family already started eating it," he said while laughing.

"well, i'm glad you guys liked it," i started saying, "that was more of a gift for your family than a gift for you,"

he rolled his eyes, "hahaha, very funny,"

"can you open the box now?" i said while starting my eyebrows.

"well first of all," he started saying while examining the outside of the box, "it's very light and i like the pink balloon,"