nineteen

next day-

i woke up to a lot of texts from jocelin. she was just confirming the details for breakfast and such.

after i texted her back half asleep, i started getting ready. i changed into a random oversized sweater, leggings, and vans. and i just put my hair in a low bun. [outfit below]

as i was walking out of my room to the kitchen, i could hear people talking

i heard aaliyah's voice, "you're joking!"

"nope!" my mom said while laughing.

i could hear my dad and shawn's laughter filling the room.

once they noticed i was there, they all stopped laughing.

"the princess finally woke up!" my mom shouted before taking a sip of her coffee.

"and she stole my clothes," shawn said, "again,"

i looked down at the sweater and shrugged, "and?"

shawn just looked down and chuckled, "nothing,"

i took a seat at the table, "ugh, i can't stand you two being friends with my parents,"

"now you know how we feel," both shawn and aaliyah said.

i just got shawn's mug and took a sip of his drink, which i quickly spit back in the mug because it was his nasty ass tea.

"¡cassandra, no se hace eso! {you don't do that!}" my mom scolded.

shawn laughed, "it's fine, we're leaving anyways,"

i looked at him confused, "huh?"

"jocelin texted us this morning telling us you would forget about breakfast, so we would have to remind you," aaliyah responded.

"oh shoot, let's go!" i said while grabbing shawn and aaliyah's hands.

"¡adiós! {bye!}" my parents screamed as we walked out the door.

"mendes, you better step on it, jocelin is going to kick my ass if we're late," i said while getting in the car.

the whole time aaliyah was telling us about her photoshoot that was happening later on in the day. she was really excited because she hadn't done one in a while.

the car ride wasn't that long since we were going to the local diner.

once we got to the diner, shawn parked the car and we walked in. right when we walked in, aaliyah spotted everyone and we made out way towards them.

everyone looked at us, "finally!"

shawn, aaliyah, and i laughed as we took a seat at the huge table. it was a big group of us, so they had to connect three tables for everyone to fit.