forty three

two years later-

it was one of my favorite days of the year, christmas eve, and i couldn't have been more thrilled.

"how do you think you did on your finals, mi tesoro {my treasure}?" my mom asked while she was preparing her famous pozole we had every year.

i laughed, "i studied my butt off, so hopefully really good,"

i finished my first semester of my second year of college. my year off was incredible and all, but i wanted to keep my word with my parents and go back to school. when i was younger, they always told me no one could ever take away my education, so i should pursue it for my benefit, and my benefit only. 

i'm doing online school instead of going to 'actual' school. i'm surprisingly not getting my teaching credential, and instead majoring in communications and minoring in marketing research to become a social media manager. i would be managing social media marketing campaigns, developing relevant topics to reach certain customers of my client, creating, curating, and managing all published content of images, videos, and written things. it's a lot of work, but at the end of the day, i would be having fun with my job. being around shawn for three years allowed me to see what goes on behind the scenes, and it really interested me.

shawn. the past two years with him were incredible, and i couldn't have asked for more. being with him really brought out the good in me, and i loved him dearly for it.

my mom stoped stirring the pot, "i'm glad you and shawn have stuck by each other, you two are made for one another,"

"thanks, mom," i said while hugging her, "you've always been so-"

"ya llegamos! {we have arrived!}" my dad yelled while coming in through the front door.

"they're back earlier than usual," i said while letting go of my mom, "they normally don't come back until we're getting ready,"

"huh, wonder why," my mom said while turning back to the pot, "i'm pretty sure i'm good here, go spend time with him,"

i titled my head, "are you sure?"

my mom motioned me to go away with her hands, "go before i change my mind,"

i walked out of the kitchen and to the living room, "hi, dad,"

my dad embraced me in a really tight hug, "hi, mija, {daughter,}"

i let go of my dad, "you're back early,"

"huh, didn't notice," my dad said while walking away, "anyways, i have to go trim my beard, have fun,"

i laughed, "you too?"

once my dad was out of slight, i turned around and walked into his arms. i smiled, even though he couldn't see, "hi,"

he let go of me and kissed me, "hello, gorgeous,"

i kissed shawn again, "how was home depot?"

"same as it always is," he said while he held my hand, "before i forget, there's another present i need you to wrap,"

"nothing new there," i said, "where is it?"

he smiled, "your room,"

"okay," i said before leading the way to my room.

when i got to my room, there was nothing on the floor or bed, "what pres-"

i was cut off by shawn pushing me on the bed and kissing me while he was on top of me, "i'm your present and you're my present, in conclusion, we wrap each other,"