twenty five

"cassie, wake up and get your ass out of my bed!" shawn screamed, "we have places to be!"

"where do we need to be at eight am?" i questioned after looking at my phone for the time.

he handed me his phone that was pulled up on a message from karen, "my mom sent me a list of things i need to get from the store,"

"exactly, what you need to get from the store," i said, putting an emphasis on the word 'you'.

"but i need your help," he said while sitting on the bed, "look at the list,"

i looked at the list and it was in spanish. everything on the list were the ingredients needed to make enchiladas.

"you desperately need my help, huh?" i said while laughing, "just give me a few, i need to get ready,"

"no!" he said while standing up and getting a hoodie from his closet, "change into this quickly because we need to leave now,"

"what's the rush?" i asked getting the hoodie from his hands and making my way to the bathroom while chuckling.

"do you want to get yelled at by our moms for taking long?" he asked while i fixed my hair.

"oh shit, good point!" i said while quickly grabbing my phone, sunglasses, and shawn's hand, "we need to leave now!"

he laughed while locking the front door, "that's what i thought,"

right when we got into the car, karen called me to let shawn know that they were on their way to his place.

"okay, sweetie, i'll see you soon!" karen said.

"alright, bye," i said before i hung up.

shawn laughed, "i love how she said bye to you and not me even when she knew you put her on speaker,"

"i'm telling you, she likes me better," i said while flipping my hair.

"you're so-" shawn said before he was interrupted by my phone going off.

"hold that thought," i said to shawn as i answered the call from my mom and put her on speaker, "yes, mother?"

"se me olvidó a poner jitomates en la lista para la salsa, {i forgot to put tomatoes on the list for the sauce,}" she said, "se me pasó, {it slipped my mind,}"

"okay, i'll get them, don't worry about it," i responded, "we'll see you later,"

"okay, bye," she said, "bye, shawn!"

"bye!" shawn yelled with a smile as he parked the car.

"what are he-to-ma-tes?" shawn asked while i grabbed a cart and passed it to him.

"jitomates are your favorite food on the planet," i said while putting an emphasis on jitomates.

shawn's face lit up, "muffins?"

"they're tomatoes, silly," i said with a serious tone.

"we're not getting those," shawn said while shaking his head, "those disgusting things aren't allowed at my place,"

i took out my phone while smiling, "care to tell my mother that?"

"never mind," he said taking my phone and putting it in his pocket.

"that's what i thought," i said, mimicking him from earlier.

he took his phone out of his other pocket, "so what's the game plan?"

"you read me an item from the list, and i'll try to find it," i said while taking my sunglasses off and putting them on top of my head.

he turned his phone screen to me, "but the list is in spanish,"