eighteen

around a month later-

it's cinco de mayo. and the day before prom. woah.

i have school, then straight after lunch, i have to go home and start helping my family decorate the house for our annual cinco de mayo party.

most of our friends and family were coming over as usual.

and shawn and aaliyah were flying in late tonight.

today is definitely going to be a busy day.

i started changing into a black shirt, ripped skinny jeans, burgundy vans, gold necklaces, and the watch shawn gave me. for makeup, i did the usual and for hair, i put it in a low bun. [outfit below]

i didn't have time for breakfast because i was too busy texting aaliyah and shawn

aaliyah was also coming because she had a photo shoot in la the day of prom.

before i knew it, jocelin and anthony were already outside to pick me up.

lunch-

before i left campus, i went to my locker and got a few things i needed.

once i got everything, i met up with jocelin, anthony, and michael so we could head off to my house.

as we were walking to the parking lot, i was on my phone texting shawn and i was also talking to michael at the same time.

"we could do that," i said while focusing on my phone, "do you have any other ideas?"

michael didn't respond.

"michael?" i said while still on my phone.

he still didn't say anything.

i looked at michael, "mic-"

i noticed he was looking at jocelin, who was on my other side, so i turned to look at jocelin.

and she was recording me, "why are you filming me?"

all she did was turn my face to look straight.

once i realized what was happening, i dropped my binder, threw my backpack off, and ran.

i jumped into his arms, and he spun me around.

i wrapped my legs around him, "shawn!"

"hi!" shawn said.

"i was supposed to pick you and aaliyah up at the airport later tonight," i responded, "where's aaliyah?"

he turned himself to the side, since he didn't put me down, and pointed to aaliyah recording in the corner of the parking lot.