twenty seven

three weeks later-

"cassie, do you have everything?" my mom asked from the kitchen.

"shawn, get the luggage please!" karen screamed from the living room.

my parents, sisters, manny, and karen, came and surprised us around a week ago. they arrived a few days after shawn and i's friends left.

i got my phone and my charger, "yes, mom!"

shawn turned the light of the room off, "i'm coming!"

"then let's go, we can't miss the flight!" my mom yelled.

manny walked in from the front door, "the van is outside and ready to go,"

my dad was right behind him, "everybody ready?"

"yeah," aaliyah, shawn, and i responded with no emotion.

karen and my mom looked at each other, "looks like some people didn't get enough sleep,"

"we watched a movie last night," shawn said while walking out the door.

aaliyah rubbed her eyes, "and it was a scary one,"

i yawned while stepping in the car, "i couldn't fall asleep afterwards,"

"stop complaining," shawn said while rolling his eyes, "i proposed it and you agreed,"

i rolled my eyes, "i was forced to stay in the room!"

"stop bickering," my mom and karen scolded, "you two are acting like five year olds,"

i stuck my tongue out to shawn and he did the same to me.

we both laughed until i put my head on his chest, "your body is comfortable,"

he put his arm around me, "thanks,"

the car ride consisted of snores from aaliyah and my sisters, shawn and i using our phones, and our parents talking.

my mom was explaining why my dad, sisters, and her wouldn't be going to canada. my sisters would be starting school in two weeks, so they had to start preparing. that, and their work didn't give them more days off.

"well, i'm sorry we can't join you all in canada," my mom said while hugging karen and manny.

"it's a shame," karen and manny said with a sad smile.

"and you, i'm sorry we can't be there on your special day," my mom said to shawn before hugging him, "happy early birthday,"

"thank you and don't worry about it," shawn said while chuckling and hugging her, "cassie said we're just doing dinner,"

i looked at karen and aaliyah and winked at them.

hmmm.

"flight to los angeles international airport is now boarding," the voice on the loudspeaker said.

i hugged my parents and sisters, "i'll be home soon,"

a few days after shawn's birthday, i'll be going back home to start helping anthony plan jocelin's surprise birthday party.

i gave shawn a side hug while i waved at my family, "bye, i love you!"

"our flight starts boarding in thirty minutes," manny said after looking at his watch, "coffee?"

aaliyah and i's eyes lit up, "yes!"

shawn and karen laughed at us, "they love coffee too much,"

"you say that like it's a bad thing," aaliyah said while getting shawn's arms off of me and linking her arm with mine, "we can't help it!"

we found a starbucks and stood in line.