forty four

one year later-

"gorgeous, you need to stop laughing," shawn said while holding his phone, trying to get the perfect angle, "you're moving from the center of the christmas tree,"

"i can't help it," i said while laughing as i kept looking down, "i can't see my toes,"

shawn slid his phone in his pocket and made his way over to me, wrapping his arms around my stomach from behind before laughing, "you blurt out the most random things at times,"

i turned around to face him while i put my arms on top of his, "at least when i blurt things out, it's not at the wrong moment,"

i was referring to about two weeks ago when shawn told his family i was pregnant over facetime.

yes, i'm pregnant. yay.

three months pregnant to be exact, woah.

when we facetimed his parents to tell them we wouldn't be able to join them on christmas day. karen, of course, asked why. shawn straight up responded with 'the doctor said it's not a good idea to fly since cass is in the early stages of her pregnancy, and she's experiencing a lot of vomiting, nausea, and feeling very tired'. karen shot up from her couch and ran to the kitchen where manny, aaliyah, and michael were, and shawn and i told them we were pregnant.

shawn and i planned on telling our family and close friends on christmas, so karen, manny, aaliyah, and michael had to keep quiet until then.

shawn put his head in the crook of my neck, "oh, shush, gorgeous. that was an accident,"

"i know," i said while laughing, "but i wanted to kill you for telling,"

"anyways, putting that aside for the moment," shawn said while leading me to the couch, "how are you feeling?"

"i mean, i've been better," i said, truthfully, "but the vomiting and nausea have been going down a bit,"

"that's good," shawn said before putting his head on my lap and facing my small belly, "you need to be nice to your mom, peanut,"

i laughed, "peanut?"

"i was going to say little bean, but that wouldn't have made sense since you don't like beans, so there wouldn't be a bean be inside of you," shawn said while i played with his hair.

i chuckled, "so you want to call our unborn child 'peanut'?"

shawn got up from my lap, "it's our fetus' name for now, or at least until we come up with a name,"

i put my hand on my forehead, "oh god,"

"gorgeous, i don't want to ruin the moment and all," shawn said while standing up before helping me up, "but your family is showing up soon and we're still in pajamas,"

our yearly christmas eve dinner got moved to shawn and i's house. when we got married, it just became the new spot we would have our 'christmas eve party'.

shawn and i moved into a beautiful home in la. we didn't want to stay in my small town, and there was no way i was moving to canada, so we comprised. we would move to la, and shawn would keep his condo in toronto for when we would travel to canada.

"good point," i said while leading the way to our bedroom.

i changed into a loose sweater, skinny jeans, black heels, cartier bracelets and rings, my promise ring, my engagement ring and wedding band, and the necklace shawn gave me. for hair, i curled it, and for makeup, i did something simple. [outfit below]

 [outfit below]