Stay close to me

BTS

Namjoon sat staring at the ceiling. He didn't know how long he had been here for, it was definitely at least a good few minutes. He wasn't sure how to tell Alya. He didn't know what her reaction would be. It might be worse just given the fact that he didn't tell her about all of this in the first place. He knew he should've, but he also knew that if he did she wouldn't have let him go.

He let out a long sigh, forcing himself to sit up, slouching his shoulders. That woman, Pips, or whatever her name was, sounded pretty confident in the procedure, but the math and science behind it wouldn't convince Alya. Maybe if he got Presley to look at it-

There was a small knock on the door, interrupting his thoughts. His stomach dropped at the thought of it being Alya, but to his surprise, he saw Katrina's head pop through a very small opening, looking at him with her big hazel eyes. She slowly let herself in upon seeing that he wasn't upset about her barging in.

"What's up?" He asked once she closed the door behind her.

"Uhh," She let out a nervous chuckle. "Jungkook told me what you guys did yesterday."

"Ugh," Namjoon let out a growl. "That damn kid, can't keep his mouth shut."

"To be fair, I kinda beat it out of him. He tried very hard not to say anything but I can tell when he's hiding something from me." The smile on her face slowly started to fade. "Is it..." She chewed down on her bottom lip. "Is it true?"

Namjoon bit down on the inside of his cheek. He didn't want to get this poor girl hope up, she had very little of that to begin with. "Well," He sighed. "It shows potential, but there is no guarantee."

She nodded softly, looking down at her hands. "I don't think she would be mad at you." She whispered out. "She might be a little annoyed at you not telling her, but she hates being in a wheelchair as much as all of us hate seeing her in it."

Namjoon tilted his head as he looked at her. "You think she'd do it?"

She shrugged slightly. "I think she will be hesitant, maybe a little scared, but yeah, I think so. What's the worst that can happen?"

Namjoon shook his head. "It doesn't work and then I've just done nothing but make her more upset, and that's the last thing I want."

To his surprise, Katrina smiled. "There's nothing in the world that you could do to make her upset." Namjoon looked up at her, wide-eyed. "She really does love you a lot, despite how gross that is."

Namjoon couldn't help but laugh. "It's not gross, you punk."

She batted it off, waving her hand through the air in a dismissive motion. "Agree to disagree." She rested her hands on her hips. "I really do think she would be okay with it though, You might be stressing yourself out over nothing."

"You can't know that." Namjoon ran a light hand through his hair.

"I mean," She clicked her tongue. "She hasn't knocked down the door in a blind rage yet."

Namjoon looked up, his eyes narrowed. "What do you-"

"Oh I forgot to mention," She gave him a smug smile. "She's right outside the door, listening to everything we are saying right now." She moved back to the door, slipping out and revealing Alya sitting there staring at him. "You're welcome!" Katrina called out from behind her.

"Christ," Namjoon muttered. "I need to keep Jimin away from her."

Alya laughed at that, shaking her head lightly at the younger girl. "She's never been one to care about other people's business."