I promise

Titania

I stretched my arms out as the three of us walked out of a small restaurant along the street.

"Is it weird that all we crave now is Asian food?" Alya raised an eyebrow as we walked out into the night.

"I had a burger the other day." I said with a shrug.

"Yeah, and then roman right after." Presley added with a smug smile.

"While we were there, there was one day that Jungkook ate six roman's in a row." I stuck my chin up. "So don't judge me."

"He's a boy though." Presley laughed.

"So is my stomach." I stated.

Alya shook her head as Presley rolled her eyes. Right now the three of us were in San Francisco California. We had been all over the US since we got back from Korea, doing everything we could to find Haywood. The government was looking for him too ever since I sent them the conversation I had with Hutson on the helicopter. 

No one ever expects a recorder, ever.

No luck though. He could easily be in a different country, which we have thought about many times, but the word was a big place. We needed something to go on if we wanted to get out of the states.

I rested my hands behind my head as I looked around lazily, my vision landing on a group of guys cat calling a few girls. I grinned to myself as I saw two of them on skateboards.

I fell a step behind Alya and Presley and lined up my shot as I walked. I pulled one of my rings off and held it in my palm, closing one eye and flicked it as hard as I could. I watched as the ring sailed through the air and landed right in the crack of the wheel of one of the boards, sending the boy flying into the one in front of him.

I snorted as I tried to cover my mouth. Alya and Presley looked back to see what I did.

"Kat," Alya sighed in her mom voice. "Again?"

"Oh come on." I grinned. "Tell me that wasn't at all funny."

"It was pretty funny." Presley agreed as Alya slowly started to form a smile.

"You know I was going to try and attack you in an alleyway to make sure it was you."

The three of us spun around to see a boy with light blonde styles hair, wearing a black long sleeve shirt with white designs on the sleeve and back. Wait a second... 

I know him.

"But now I don't have to." He smiled big.

"Mark?" I said slowly, narrowing my eyes to make sure it was him.

"I can't believe you remember me." He took a step forward.

"Of course I do." I smiled. "You were the one hiding in the vent in Haywood's office when I first went to meet him."

"You-" Mark's face fell. "You knew I was there?"

"Yeah." I shrugged, as if it was nothing.

Mark shook it off as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm sure you have guessed by now I wouldn't be talking to you unless it was important."

"What is it?" Alya asked.

Mark pursed his lips as he nodded his head slyly, directing us farther off the street and out of the light. He ran a light hand through his hair as he looked around one more time before speaking.

"A little while ago, Rap Monster came to us asking for any information we had on a gang called Gain."

"A gang called gain?" I raised an eyebrow. "That must sound cooler in Korean, because in English that is just stupid."