You are not useless

BTS

Alya raised her eyebrows in slight confusion. "Okay," She leaned back against the door. "Shoot."

"Umm," Jungkook fiddled with his fingers. Even though they were the only two in the house, he still felt awkward talking in the middle of the hall.

Alya noticed and gave him a small smile, opening the door to her room and stepped aside, letting him in. He dropped his hands in the pocket of his jacket and dragged his feet to the middle of the room, turning to face her when she shut the door.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked slowly. "You're acting strange, did something happen with Katrina?"

"No, nothing happened." Jungkook avoided eye contact. "It is about her though. I've honestly been curious about this for a long time, but never found a good time to ask you."

Alya sat down hesitantly on the edge of her bed. "I don't bite, Jungkook. Go ahead and ask."

Jungkook chewed on the inside of his cheek, trying to find the right way to start this. "Do you remember that one day, when Katrina and I came back from meeting Hutson, the day that the two of us..." Jungkook cleared his throat.

"Good grief. You and Namjoon are the exact same." Alya rolled her eyes. "The day you two kissed, yes I remember."

Jungkook nodded once, looking down at his hands. "Well, you gave me a pretty intimidating talk, trying to get me to stay away from her." He looked up at her finally. "You seemed pretty set on the two of us not getting involved. What changed?"

This was the last thing Alya was expecting from the boy, although, it did make sense that he was asking about this, even though it might have been a little late.

"I was a little harsh with the two of you at first, huh?" She said with a light smile. "But at the time, I wasn't exaggerating, or lying. Katrina is a very destructive person, she was even before everything happened with her brother. She grew up with people leaving her over and over again, so every time she felt someone was getting close to her, she made it so they didn't want to. It took Presley and I what felt like forever to finally get her to trust us. I was worried for her sake and yours, and at the time you were involved with another girl and I didn't want her to have to deal with that, so for a while at the beginning, I was very worried. I didn't want her getting hurt."

Aya stood with a breath and walked over to where Jungkook was standing. "To be honest with you, I was still on the edge after the big fight. I could trust you to have her back as a friend, or even a fighting partner, but to deal with someone like her, you had to have a very special mind set. I wasn't sold, until I overheard you two talking on the day that we left."

Jungkook pursed his lips as he looked down at his hands, trying to hide his red face away from her. Alya simply let out a chuckle, putting a very light hand on his shoulder, getting him to look up at her again.

"She's changed because of you. She jokes more, and smiles more. You two have your problems, and I really don't think that will ever change. You two, being who you are, will always have problems. But from what I can see, you can handle them well enough."

"So, you don't feel the same?" Jungkook asked slowly.

"No." Alya shook her head. "You're better in her life then out."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile. He wasn't expecting this from her, he always thought she took it as a silent defeat, but she really did accept him. It felt like getting her parents approval. Before she could blink, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Thank you, Alya." Jungkook grinned into her shoulder. "Really, thank you."

Alya stood frozen for only a second before lightly patting at his back. "I think it's the other way around, kid." She pulled back so she could look at him. "Thank you Jungkook. I know it is hard to like a girl like her, I understand that she is difficult, and has a hard time when it comes to romantic type things, but you have proven that you can handle it."