Part 85

After Duffy showed Lucy some other things and blew her away, she sobered up just when Lauren thought she wouldn't notice.

"I'm perfectly aware that you two had another reason why you came here, am I right?", she smirks at Mani and Lauren. They wear "busted" expressions on their faces.

"Well, you wouldn't care about me knowing about this stuff if there's not a second story."

Since Mani is completely impressed by what just happened, Lauren takes over. It's her story to tell anyway and she should have expected that Lucy would catch up.

She takes another big gulp of wine and thinks about how to begin once again. "OK, so uhm.. well, Camila is currently back home. The other girls as well but they are just visiting their families while Camila is out fighting to protect her kingdom."

"Yeah, you mentioned something crazy like that", Lucy mumbles and Lauren hesitates. She's not sure if Lucy's ready to hear the whole truth and if she's ready to help, besides the fact that she needs to believe them first. Mani doesn't know how to help her friend either. They have to tell her one way or the other.

"Camila needs our help."

"Do we need to transform into her soldiers and fight in her world?", Lucy jokes and stops as she sees that her friends are not looking amused at all. "Girls, just tell me, ok? I mean how much crazier can it get, huh?" she asks and refers to Duffy who's sitting in a corner watching fireflies.

Mani takes over before Lauren does all the talking and Lucy thinks she's gone mad. "Remember the time when we went to the cemetery and the girls stopped walking at one point?"

"It rings a bell..", she mumbles, still confused where this conversation is going to.

"They stopped since they were in pain only because they are witches and therefore connect with other witches as well."

Lucy furrows her eyebrows, trying to follow the story. "So, you mean there was another witch which caused them pain? But we were alone, weren't we?"

Lauren nods. She's relieved that Lucy's still interested in the story and didn't run away yet. "There was a witch buried there. It's all related to the fight back in the kingdom, it's kind of crazy."

Normani adds some more details; "Wasn't it like what- the grandma or something of someone she's fighting against? And, well she was buried with a necklace that her granddaughter wants to get."

Lucy got quiet after processing the news, "You don't actually want to do what I think you're suggesting, right? That's so fucking illegal and creepy as well."

"There's no other way to end it."

"Why can't your lovely girlfriend come over and get it herself? It's like you must do all the hard work. She could disappear or whatever in case someone busts in."

Lauren's side profile is hidden by black hair but Normani can only guess that she's regretting everything with tears in her eyes as she nervously fumbles with her shirt. She leaves the two with her head lowered and walks into the house.

"Mani, what the fuck is going on here? I mean Lauren could say no, righ

Mani shakes her head and sighs before starting to explain, "Camila and all the other witches can't come and do it since the grave is protected. Only humans without power can."

Lucy scoffs, "No one should be able to dig something out, that's gross."

"Lauren feels like she needs to do it."

"Because pretty, little princess Camila snapped her fingers?"

"The fight will not end before that necklace is back in her world. She fears of losing Camila, like literally and their relationship. She's lose excess to the kingdom as well and even though she didn't admit it, she became way too dependent of it. She combines happiness with Camila and the kingdom."

Mani thinks of things she could say to defend what they're going to do. "It's not like I want to do it either."

Lucy shoots her a warning look, "You must because you don't want to lose your little girlfriend either. I don't have anything to do with it."

"Look, you don't have to do anything, just climb a tree or whatever and whistles when you see someone approaching", Mani tries to persuade her.

Before Lucy can answer, they both see a black shade hushing through the door.

"She can't be serious", Lucy spats as she quickly goes inside to change as well. "Go, get ready then", she hisses and curses, thinking that Lauren indeed left on her own, dressed in black as if she's on the mission alone.

What do you think is going to happen? :)