Part 69

Hello again ♥

 Thank you for reading the last part and this one and for your support as always ♥ I love you! Enjoy! And please tell me what you think :)

Part 69.

She saw the tears welling up in her favorite pair of eyes, sliding down her cheeks without holding back since there was no reason to hide any feelings in that exact moment. She feels her soft, rosy lips lingering on her skin, believes that she's smelling her lover still. Closing her eyes, she tries so hard to remember the feeling of her skin, the texture of her hair, she hears her laugh, sees her bright smile and listens to her dorky jokes only she laughs about.

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That throws me to the ground
I swear that you should hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

But with opening her eyes, Lauren must realize that the smell disappeared and is only lingering in the sheets for the time being. The bathroom is empty and there's no light shining into her room telling her to wait some more till the brunette would appear. There's darkness and emptiness. She was about to hug her when she felt a brush of air passing her body and the next moment she sat on her bed, hearing the girls chatter downstairs

It has been only minutes without her and she's already missing her.

Slipping on one of Camila's shirts she swallows down new tears, wipes away the fallen ones and gets herself together to walk down to meet her friends. Her cold fingers pull her hair back to bring her waves into a tight ponytail.

"Lauser, perfect timing for a new round of pancakes!", Dinah greets her happily. The blonde tries to ignore the sad expression on her friends face and went with the distraction option. The green-eyed girl smiles relieved. She doesn't want to talk about the fact that Camila left and she's alone now and yes, they parted with lots of tears. She knows she's being pathetic since Camila has bigger problems to think about and all she mourns about is a simple goodbye without facing unknown dangers.

Her unknown danger is school though. Ally serves her breakfast after hugging her gently. A simple gesture that is copied by Normani as she sits down next to her best friend.

Normani and Dinah agreed to keep their affection and flirting minimized as long as they can to not make Lauren uncomfortable and dwell in her thoughts. Ally immediately argued that it's only complicating things and by far not Lauren's business. They are lovers as well and would have their right to express whatever they want. She emphasized that the girls are worrying too much about Lauren, she isn't fragile while Camila got hurt days ago and she was dragged along to the trip where every girl was selfish and thought about themselves and their needs. Camila is strong, and Ally knows she made it through the weekend just fine, but spoke up that she feels like she betrayed her friend in a way. Normani felt guilty, telling her that Camila knows how much she cares for her friend, while the short girl was suddenly crying instead of being her bubbly self. That was the moment they felt that it's real. Camila not only left, but she would start fighting without knowing what will happen and the thought that Ally could possibly not tell her that she's sorry for sticking to Lauren instead being by her side like she should have been made her feel anxious and sad. Dinah quietened down as well after Ally expressed her feelings. Mentally agreeing that they were worrying too much about Lauren which was their mission, but they were the ones screaming at her to go and find Lauren without stopping to think that their friend was hurt as well. They backed up Lauren while things were said that hurt Camila the same way. She's only human as well. Ally and Dinah both came to the conclusion that they blame themselves for letting Camila down which ended in her being attacked. In that moment, Normani stepped in, telling them that the witch or whatever it was would have attacked her either way. The two blonde girls then explained seriously that they let their future queen down and they will not let this go unpunished since they are obligated to be there for her in the first place. Their kingdom preaches that family comes first and whoever spends time with the queen or family has to do anything to protect their well-being. The two even contacted the queen writing down in their letter, the confession of letting their daughter down. They almost didn't say anything for a whole day until the queen got back to them, accepting their letter, but dismissing it, saying it's all good and that the punishment was the realization itself that they let Camila down and the embarrassment of having to reach out to the queen. Normani thought it was all done after the contact with the queen but the girls didn't cheer up. They let another piece of paper appear each and wrote to their parents. They handled the situation like they committed a crime. Their parents answered shortly after. They read their answers in silence, nodding from time to time. It was then, when Normani was completely confused. A single letter appeared, they exchanged a nod and wrote down words that brought tears into Normani's eyes as well.