Part 70

Merry Christmas guys! Thank you so much for reading the last parts. Here's a little distraction gift from me to have a calm minute during the festivities ♥

70.

Normani drove the girls home, glad that Lauren is not completely freaking out. She's silently sobbing to herself between Ally and Dinah in the back. She's slowly calming down and the girls know, talking about it now will only work her up again. They drop it and can't help but smile when the pale girl falls asleep. They soon follow her lead since napping never hurt nobody.

Ally nudges Lauren's shoulder softly as she awakes from her nap, her eyes still red and puffy, her voice raspy when she speaks, "Hmm?"

"Come one, Laur, we have an appointment remember?", she smiles warmly. Lauren sighs, but gets up. Getting her shoes and a jacket, she puts them on while sitting on the stairs trying to be quiet since the other two are still napping. At least that's what it looks like. Ally waits until Lauren is out of the door before turning around once more and saying the needed words to bring them back to live, "Get everything ready", she giggles and disappears while the two girls open their eyes and smirk.

"Ally, I – we can just stop at a drugstore to get hair dye and Normani will do it.. I really don't have to go to a-", Lauren argues as Ally cuts her off.

"Nonsense, it's my treat and it'll be good for your hair to be treated well once in a while," she winks and hopes that she convinced her friend. Lauren glances down at her long waves and shrugs, it could use a new cut. "Ok", she agrees and continues to stare out of the window. Ally was scared at first to drive a car, but she owns a magical license like the other witches and Lauren wasn't in the mood to do so, she took over and didn't crash yet. They are slower than the others, but Ally stays calm and mumbles silent prayers, wishing others would be less aggressive which makes Lauren chuckle slightly.

"Ladies, what can I do for you today?", the chirpy hairdresser asked after she seated the friends next to each other. Since Ally knows exactly what she wants, she goes for it, "I want a shorter haircut and blonde highlights", she explains length and color.

"And for you?", another girl asks Lauren shyly, too intimidated by her green eyes and frown.

"Can you just cut the dead ends and I'm still thinking about the color", she mumbles the last part.

"Don't you want to refresh the black one?", she hears Ally ask.

Shrugging her shoulders, she looks at all the colors available. "Perhaps just a dark brown this time?"

The girl joins their conversation since her colleague already started cutting Ally's hair and she wants to help. "We can mix black and dark brown if you want something lighter that black but not too much? Or I could recommend some lighter highlights in the length of your hair?"

Lauren stays silent for a while, "Let's just mix the two. I'm not really styling my hair in the morning to show off highlights."

"I'll apply more dark brown near your roots and get darker alright?" She nods and their hairdressers start to pimp their hair. They even apply makeup even though Lauren argues but gives up after seeing Ally's pleading look. Ally looks radiant with her fake lashes and some red lipstick, framed by her freshly cut – shoulder length hair. She looks glamourous while Lauren looks breathtaking. Her eyes accentuated by some black eyeliner, her hair looks healthier again and shines where the light collides with her waves. Both feel and look good and Ally nods approvingly as she checks the time. Their plan must have worked out so far.