Part 29

hey lovely's ♥♥ Here you go! Enjoy! 

I love reading all your comments! they're so cute sometimes ♥

Love you♥

Part 29.

"I can't even look at her without feeling guilty", Clara cries as both, Normani and her mom sat down next to her because the doctor told them to leave and Clara wasn't with them before. Normani was and is still unbelievably angry and can barely stand Lauren's mom, but she feels bad for her as well.

"You deserve it", Mani whispers and gets a scolding look from her mom even though she knows that she thinks just like her.

"What? I've been through it all with Lauren and no one even cared. I never thought you still had contact with Clara, after she just left and blamed everything on Lauren. Her own, innocent child that she left with her ex-husband and child molester. I was the one that crawled and held her in the middle of the night, I was the one that was with her, seeing how sad she was and hurt when she stayed over. And I again was the one that just found her hiding spot. Hiding! For god's sake! That shouldn't be what a girl has to look for in her own house. The house should be safe, but no, she had to hide and when she couldn't, you know what happened. It was about time that she realized that, mom! I'm tired of not saying anything, when I almost lost my best friend. I care about her!" Normani sobs in her shirt before she gets up, her eyes red and puffy, to get herself a glass of water.

"She's right, Clara. We just heard that camila saved her life and even though Normani saw more during school as well, I doubt that this was the worst. Lauren has had such a hard time and you just left. You could've lost her as well and you knew more what was going to happen here than we would ever assume. You left her."

Normani smiles as she hears the words of her mother as she leans on the doorframe of the living room. She wants to sit down again as she hears steps and voices. She sees how they stop. Camila gives something to the doctor before both walk down the hallway towards her. They pass her and Camila shows him out again, without another word.

She sees how Camila scans Lauren's mom, shakes her head before she walks towards her.

Both start to ask a different question at the same time, making both chuckle awkwardly.

"You go first", she offers.

"How is she?"

"She's been better, but her body will heal in a few weeks."

"Can I find myself a glass of water somewhere?", Camila asks and Normani takes her chance to get to know her better by following.

"In the upper shelf are glasses", she informs her.

"So, you paid him, huh?", she asks as Camila leans on the fridge and she sits on the kitchen counter on the opposite side of the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's normally illegal to do stuff like that and I kind of threatened him to come over when I called him earlier. I thought paying him to be silent would be appropriate", she smirks.

"Will she be ok?", she asks and looks at her dangling legs.

Camila understands the deep question behind it and sighs; "You must be Normani, right?"

She smiles; "Yes, how do you know?"

"Lauren talked about you and you fit into her description like perfectly. You really are the only one that cares enough about her. And your mom. It's her mom, the other woman?", she finally gets to ask some of her questions.

"She's my best friend....", normani takes a deep breath; "It's her mom. My mom kind of dragged her here that she finally sees what happened to her daughter and now she plays like she's the victim, like she never wanted anything like this, when she knew what would happen. And she left without a blink anyway."

"You did everything you could, normani", Camila tries to convince her.

"How do you know?!", she gets angry; "You don't even know me and I saw her all the time, I saw the sadness..and", her voice breaks before she feels Camilas soft, unfamiliar arms around her.

"Lauren talked about you and what happened at school. I tried to help her, but I sadly wasn't able to save her from what happened to her yesterday night. But I know that your friendship means the world to her and she needs you to heal completely. Stop beating yourself up. No one of us was able to save her and I feel guilty as well, believe me, but that doesn't help us right now. We need to make her smile again."

"I don't know you, but I really think you are a nice girl, camila", Normani admits after letting go of her.

"Thanks", she says, blushing. It's been a long time since she had contact with people from this world and when she went home, no one seemed to think that she's nice. Not a bit.

"So, what can we do about that woman? Lauren doesn't want to see her first thing she does when she wakes up tomorrow.

Normani chuckles that she doesn't even want to address her as her mom. "Let's send her home with my mom and set up a meeting when lauren feels better. We stay."

Both agree and walk to those two women, who are still in a heated argument.

"Excuse me, but the last thing Lauren needs right now is being awoken by an argument. I understand that there is a need for that, but care enough to postpone that", Camila states and gets a shocked look from Lauren's mom, while Normani's just smirks.

"Camila and I will stay and take care of Lauren until she is able and wants to see you again Clara and the police. I think it's best if we all get some rest and give her some space", normani explains.

Mani's mom hugs her daughter in a proud way; "Cook her your chicken soup. You know she loves it", she winks before she gives Camila a hug as well. Clara just stands up and rushes out to the car.

"And now?", Normani huffs as she lets herself fall down in the couch and yawns.

"You need rest too. Go up and sleep next to her so that she's not alone when she wakes up. I'll clean this place. The police took enough evidence, I assume?"

Normani nods and accepts her offer to head upstairs. Now, that her best friend is there again and alive, she might be able to catch some sleep.

RWKVml02h