Part 30

♥♥♥Ok GUYSSSSSSS!!!! You made this story go from 12k to 17k reads within a couple of days?!?!?! Are you fucking serious?? I'm freaking out of joy about the support that I get from you guys! This sets the pressure high for me to keep on writing to please you and I'm once again proven that this fandom is dope! ♥♥♥

I love every single one of you! Doesn't matter if you comment, vote or just read chapter after chapter! 

Part 30.

Camila waits until she hears the door close and is sure that Normani must be out of her reach before she breaks down for a quick moment, frustrated that she couldn't do more. Seeing this place in real, hurts her more than she'll ever admit to anyone. All she sees are the handprints of blood. She doesn't want to know, but she's pretty sure that it's Lauren's. Broken glass, smashed objects where you can't even tell what it has been before. She picks up the pieces, wipes the floor with a broom that looks like no one has ever used it before until she's sure she can kneel down to scrub the blood from the floor and then walls. She's sweaty as she pours herself another glass of water and throws all alcohol that's in the house in the trash can. It's nearly midnight as her feet drag her up the stairs to check on the girls and to make sure they sleep before she cleans the bathroom as well and later finds herself sitting on the couch, looking out of the window to see the sun rise as if it's the most natural thing to do.

"You didn't sleep at all, did you?", a voice makes her flinch. It's Normani leaning against the nearest wall behind her.

Camila shakes her head and brushes her hands over her face.

"How's Lo- I mean Lauren?", she asks and stands up to walk into the kitchen. They have to eat something, so she better starts something.

Mani chuckles; "It's cute that you call her Lo. I don't think there's anyone that does. She's dozing off all the time. Should be awake in a couple of minutes and you stop what you're doing", she motions towards her attempt to make breakfast.

"That's on me while you go up", she smiles and nods towards the stairs.

Camila gives her a thanking look and almost jumps up the stairs, only to slow down in front of Lauren's room. "I'm awake", a raspy voice comes out of the room as she was about to knock.

All of a sudden, she's nervous. Lauren tried to sit up a little, looking pale, thin and exhausted.

But her face lights up the moment she sees her and pats the empty spot next to her. Camila walks around and sits down, very carefully, not wanting to hurt her.

Camila takes her hand in hers, brushing her thumb over Laurens knuckles. "How are you?"

A small smile appears on her face before it washes away; "I'm ok, I guess."

"Are you in pain?"

"Just a little." Camila can see that it's more than she wants to admit and hands her a cup of water and her medicine.

"Hey Camz", Lauren says softly after swallowing the pills. Camila lifts her head to show her she's listening.

"I just wanted to say thank you..Um..thank you for bringing me here, to bring the doctor here and most importantly, to be still here..it..it means a lot to me."

"Hey"; Camila lifts up her chin; "I'm not like the others. I'm staying. You actually can't get rid of me from now on", she smirks and makes her chuckle before she holds her stomach in pain that causes her to stop.

"Awwww", Normani squals from the doorframe. "You're so adorable together! Can I see a kiss?!"

"A little bit too forward, Mani", Lauren answers quickly. She shuts up the moment Camila's lips meet hers. She looks at her dumfounded as she shrugs her shoulders.

"What? She'd have asked again."

"Jerk.."

Normani caughs; "Anyways, the chicken soup is ready, so yeah, that's what I wanted to say."

"Should I carry you downstairs?", she asks Lauren. Lauren thinks for a few seconds if she should play the strong one and try to walk, which doesn't convince camila, who already lifts her up to follow normani down the stairs. She carefully watches her change of expression as they walk down and see that it's at least clean, but only Lauren knows what happened and both normani and Camila will never know how much he hurt her that day.

Camila stops in front of the couch to let her down while Normani comes out of the kitchen with bowls of her hot chicken soup. She offers one to Lauren and hands her a spoon later on. All three sit down in silence and don't expect Lauren to be the first one that speaks up.

"So, what now?"

Normani gives Camila a questioning look; "Well, you gotta talk to the police whenever you're ready and there's still your mom we have to think about..", she says softly.

"The police can come over today and to get rid of my mom, she can sit here and listen of what he has done to me", she says with a hatred voice before she sighs and lets them see her hurt side. "But I need you to be here.."

Camila sighs; "Lo, I already told you, I'm not leaving...Neither is Mani, right?" Normani nods while she just stuck a spoonful of soup in her mouth.