Part 54

Hey guys! Here's a new part right before the weekend starts! Thank you for all the comments again and know that I appreciate your support! Every bit helps motivating me to keep on writing ♥ Love you!

Thank you for over 60k reads! I never thought this story would get this far and that's all because of you ♥ Thank you for keeping this story alive♥

54.

The rest of the school day flew by and before Lauren could think of anything else, lunch passed, the choir after school program, and the girls are on their way back home again, chatting while Lauren drives her dark blue mustang down the street. Camila keeps on glancing into Lauren's direction from time to time. She observes the changes on the raven-haired face, smiling every time she spots a smile and being in deep thought of what Lauren could possibly think whenever there's a slight frown circling around her lips. Listening to the girls in the background, both girls need a moment to realize that they are practically still strangers but yet behaving like long childhood friends. Lauren is not the only happy girl.

Starting with Ally, the sunshine. She always felt kind of left out until she found Camila and Dinah, who started to be her closest friends. Not everyone in the kingdom is able to use magic and it was fortunate enough to have found two witches as her friends as well. But as Dinah grew up with a lot of siblings and Camila with having to take care of royal duties, she was sometimes left alone. Always aspiring for knowledge, searching for a way to educate herself. She feels not left out anymore in this world where funnily enough, Lauren felt being left out. But here, Ally doesn't have to define herself through magic. She can say whatever she wants to share and build up a new reputation which is utterly refreshing for her ego and mind. Besides that, she spends more time with her friends who are simply being young adults here instead of accepting adult duties and pushing their desires and wishes away. She misses the open magic but in no means does she feel not at home or belonging. If it's not her smile that shines more radiant than any time before.

Dinah would mentally agree if she read Ally's mind. She never felt like she could just be a young adult again. Having spent her whole life with her huge family, taking care of her siblings, the dragons and trade around it, helping her parents wherever she could, only getting a break when she could escape while flying away or meeting Camila and Ally, which wasn't too often, she simply did what was expected. She's in the process of finding out who she is. In the kingdom, she had some romantic interests, but the ones that liked her were mostly sons of traders, not the cleanest type of folks around the kingdom. One time a troll made his interest public and Dinah was so disgusted, she thought she would end up alone and if one more troll showed interest, she would cut her hair and have a makeover. Having met Normani is probably one of the best things that has happened in her life. She doesn't fully understand their connection yet, but one thing is certain, Normani has got some good manners and a wonderful music taste. To say that she's beyond talented is unnecessary.

Normani always feared the well-being of Lauren. Always awaiting some bad news, seeing her friend missing at school, covered in bruises and not getting to talk to her to just hear her voice or find out what has happened were the topics of her life for the last years since everyone left her dear friend alone. She made a promise that she would never give up fighting for Lauren. It hurt her to see her friend slowly giving up, believing all the nasty comments, accepting that it must be fate that caused what she has to go through. Living with her mom, who's a cool mom to say the least, she grew up normal. I mean whose parents are still together nowadays? They can call themselves happy. But once parents stop their endless fighting it's sometimes relieving to be left alone. At least you can assume that the parents must have loved each other once when they state that they've fallen out of love which makes an innocent heart believe in true love again. Nevertheless, Normani still felt like something was missing. Lauren had her own troubles to deal with and Mani doesn't know if she wouldn't have felt that missing aspect in her life if Lauren would have had a normal life as well, being left alone from all her worries. But since that wasn't the case when they grew up, it was when they were younger, years ago, after they just met and before everything happened. But that's basically a long forgotten time in a history book. Too much suffering has passed to make the brain think in a different way again. She disliked Dinah at first since she stole the spotlight, but as she got to know that Dinah just enjoys the attention since she always had too many siblings to get any, she understood and pushed away her prejudices and tried to befriend the blonde girl. That was by far the best decision in a long time for both of them. They clicked musically and mentally. They didn't have to talk about heavy and deep topics which was something new for both of them. They're both excited for the future.