Part 86

Hellloooooo ♥ Before you start reading - I wish all of you a happy Merry Christmas in a few days and then a Happy New Year! Feel as if I've hugged you all because that's what I'd like to do :) And now, off you go :D

Part 86

Lauren walked quickly through the dark streets. She's got a little shovel in her backpack as well as a flashback. She feels like she already did something illegal, the way she glances around, keeping her head low. She knows that she'll do everything she can to get what Camila needs. She maybe then forgets that what she is doing is highly illegal and just not acceptable. She just knows one thing and that is that she can't lose Camila. She has lost her mom, her sister, her dignity and worth during the times with her father and just got some of it back through Camila and the way she showed her that it is worth to be alive. Wonders can happen, the world can brighten up when you hold onto things a little longer and when the time is right, you need to be able to open your heart again. That's what she's experienced during the last months. She's learned that people can be nice to her, that nothing is wrong with her per se and she simply does not want to let the people down who helped her recover.

She flinches as two black dressed people frame her while walking. "you can't be that dumb to do it all alone, can you?", she relaxes as she recognizes Lucy's voice. "Does anyone have a plan?"

"Well, you watch out and we dig that thing out.. nothing else that we can do differently."

They arrive at one of the gates to the cemetery, glancing around before Lucy steps on her skateboard. "Gotta check the other gates, be back in a bit."

She rolls down the next street, leaving the two girls alone who pretend to just casually chill where they stand. They turn towards the gate as they hear Lucy whistle quietly. She lets them in before closing the gates again. They are glad the moon isn't full so that they can hide in the dark. It's like they say, who are you in the dark? Who are you really- like deep inside. What would you do and for whom. It's the things no one knows about you or barely anyone. The feeling that swirl inside you when you don't have to pretend to be anyone but you. Lauren is compassionate and a little fighter even though she'd probably disagree and in this moment right there, her two friends are real friends to her. They don't expect her to do anything in return right away if ever, they are just there for her. Each one of them supports them the way they can morally support, are silent about the norms they are breaking because they know that Lauren needs them.

Lucy gets something from behind a tree and reappears with two bigger shovels, giving them to the other girls. "What? This is illegal enough that breaking into that cabin can't be that bad. And I don't see you wearing shovels. Feel free to dig it out with your hands but I'm not gonna wait that long."

They stay silent since they know she's right and continue. They wait until Lucy climbed a tree nearby and gives them a thumb up after looking around.

Mani and Lauren nod at each other before lifting the stones and flowers away. While Mani thinks that Lucy hopefully watches over them instead of being pissed and looking away, she also thinks how crazy this is and why she's doing it. Yes, Lucy is right that she'd lose Dinah but they barely started dating, while she's more afraid of what would happen to Lauren. She'd lose her light again and without exaggerating, she does not think she could lift Lauren up again. She'd ditch school and finals, drop out and spiral down. She doesn't even want to think about it and shovels faster. Both start to sweat and take off their hoodies as before continuing to work. Lauren looks focused.

They know they have to be quick and they'd both stop if one of them would really realize what they are doing at that point. It's like they are shooting for one of those movies where friends find out secrets and need answers that lie hidden in a coffin. Together, they do the craziest thing while the lights of a car let them see. It could be romanticized while most people would agree that jumping a fence to swim during the night sounds better.

Lauren thinks about how she can understand why Lucy didn't want to be involved and feels bad that she's again the reason why Mani's involved. Silent tears roll down her cheeks which she angrily wipes away with the back of her dirty hand. This must work. She thinks about the flower field, the black wolf. Camila. Her first and only love. The first person who made her feel beautiful. She'd not only lose her and her family. The family that welcomed her so openly and warmly. A feeling that she's never felt before. She'd be the cause why Mani and she would lose their other friends as well and that just can't happen.

As her shovel hits wood, they both look at each other, relieved that they've come so far, but both know that the next part will be the hardest, while sweat runs down their faces. Their feet are covered in wet mud, some landed on their jeans. The air smells strange, certainly of wet wood but also something else.

"I go", she whispers. She does not want Mani to jump down and do the work. They are here because of her and she feels obligated to open the coffin and get the necklace. The wood creaks as she opens the coffin. She's barely making it since it's so heavy and she doesn't want to touch more than necessary. Her feet can only slide around while she does not want to step into the coffin herself. At least what is left of it. She spots the necklace right away as she tries not to look at the other stuff too long. Her shaking fingers turn the necklace around to be able to open it before she's holding the necklace in her hand. She's shaking as she hands Mani the necklace who puts it in her back as suddenly something hits her head, and everything turns black.  

I know it's short but what do you think has happened? :O