Part 78

Hey guys! I had so much fun writing this, I really hope you'll enjoy reading it ♥

 Love you!!

Part 78.

It smells like a mixture of ocean, the fresh, salty smell of the water and wind and like grass. Not only grass but like a field of flowers while it feels soft. Soft like a fluffy carpet and the finest sand. It feels like home again.

As Lauren opens her eyes, she smiles brightly since Camila walks into her direction, trying to squeeze some water out of her long hair while she walks out of the water. She accepts the towel which is offered by Lauren and knows all too well how Lauren's eyes are following her every move. Finally dry enough for some clothes, she slips back into her dress before she sees Lauren lean forward to make space for her to sit behind the raven-haired girl. They lean back, fitting like a puzzle piece. Camila's body slowly warms up through the warmth of Lauren's. Her hair dries in the sun. A bit of wind reaches them, throwing their hair in the air, making their curls play like they are alive before it settles back down, and their hair is resting again. Camila lets a big, fluffy blanket appear and Lauren recognizes it immediately. It's her blanket that she gave Camila. Together they are resting in each other's arms as Leo dashes out of some bushes followed by some wolf puppies that begin to chase him. Leo's mom watches them, and it seems as if she's smiling at the girls. Thanking them for coming back and taking him along. Camila feels how Lauren cuddles closer into her warmth as she pulls the blanket under her chin, turning sideways before she closes her eyes. Camila sighs while pulling a hoodie over her head to keep warm. This is home she thinks to herself. They spent their time outside the castle. Just the two of them and some animals of course. But Camila always liked having them around when she fled from responsibilities and constant small talk. The animals got her and her way of thinking when she'd turn into the beautiful wolf that Lauren has met when she came here. She's run through the woods without a care and thought on her mind. Or she ran to find solutions. Now, Lauren's her solution.

They feel safe and comfortable as Camila joins in for a nap. Both girls have a smile on their faces while their friends watch out for them.

Lauren's the first who awakes again. Turning around she sees Camila sleeping with her mouth slightly ajar. She carefully peels herself out of the blanket trying her best not to wake her up as Lauren gets up. She leaves her shoes with Camila, greets Leo and his friends before they follow her on her expedition. Leo's mom stays near Camila, happy that she's back.

Lauren feels like she's jumping on clouds, not that she could know what it feels like to walk on clouds, but the grass is so soft that she assumes it must be close to such a feeling as she slowly comes closer to her favorite field. She follows the scent of flowers and remembers how she sat on the wolfs back as they basically flew through the field on that one day not long ago. Stepping into the field, she notices that she doesn't even know Camila's favorite flower. Confused, she looks down at her followers who look back at her just as clueless. It doesn't seem like it, but at times Camila is very open about herself and then again, she's not. But Lauren can't expect anyone to open up to her when she's not doing the same as well. Her fingertips touch a pink flower petal and suddenly the flower shakes itself alive, almost shaking, it opens up, squirting out some glittery dust which then again attracts about ten beautiful butterflies. Lauren remembers how dust twirled around her followed by tons of butterflies when she was here. An idea pops up and she simply starts running, erupting such a scene. A small one because she's not fast enough but it's pure magic. The flowers open themselves, dust flies in the air and butterflies sneak their way through Lauren's curls, brush against her skin as they make their way to the golden middle of the freshly opened flower. Laughing out of joy, she runs back and only stops at some certain flowers which she touches while watching in awe how they open before she picks them for Camila. It's time for her to go back as she hears Leo sneeze. He's amazed by all that's happened around him while the dust is getting the best of him. He tries to catch some butterflies that are flying close by. It's as if they are teasing him. Just when he's about to open his mouth which looks like he's doing it in slow motion, the butterflies fly straight up and out of his reach before falling back down again until they got his attention again only to fly away.

Lauren sees that Camila's eyes are still closed as she comes nearer. She looks so at ease. Lauren kneels down next to her, hiding the flowers behind her back while everyone could see in a blink that she's hiding something. Her lips find Camila's to quickly peck them before leaning back, watching as she slowly wakes up. Camila's eyes flutter open after she's stretched her body. She sits up lazily and looks dreamingly at Lauren.

"Hey" Camila's trying hard not to laugh at what she's seeing but smiles anyway.

"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere", Lauren grins, trying to act all mysterious.

"The golden dust might or might not give you away darling. It's swirling all around you", Camila chuckles. Lauren huffs out, playfully before revealing the flowers that she picked.

"Thank you! They are beautiful!"

Lauren hands her the flowers that Camila magically turns into a flower crown which she puts on her head when Lauren looks for something in her bag. "Here! I got you something else", she says proudly and hands her a back of Camila's favorite sweets.

"Banana flavor of course", she winks as she sees how Camila brightens up when she sees the magic banana sticks.

"When did you get those?"

Lauren blushes. "I asked Sofi to get some for me when I'd give her money to get something for herself as well."

"She'd do anything to go into that shop. Mom let her go alone?"

Lauren nods. "She grows up so fast", Camila sighs before taking a bite. She sees Lauren shiver and opens her arms again. She cuddles in again, slipping under the blanket before she finds her own bag of sweets. She got all kind of weird stuff and concludes that Sofi must have gotten her a surprise bag. She smiles as she thinks about it. She wasn't able to decide what she wanted, and the little girl did just the right thing.

Camila takes it all in, the relaxed atmosphere while holding her girl in her arms. Being home feels nice. Lauren's her home. This part of the kingdom is her home.

"Lauren?", she asks after seeing the sun rise again.

"Hmm?"

"It's time"

"Is it going to be over soon?"

Camila meets her lips softly before whispering, "I hope so."

Lauren wakes up in her bed. Alone. Only seeing Leo and a flower crown beside her. She still smells her. Feels warm. They agreed they needed to meet in their dreams, but it felt too real that she expected her to be there when she'd wake up. Not yet. 

Please let me know what you think ♥