Epilogue •Different World

The world seemed to be a big, mysterious and adventurous place to Eun Rim at one point of time but now,at the age of 80,she no longer felt the same way.
She could barely walk from one room to another, let alone travel the world. She had found peace in her own room ,within the safety of her family members. Her interest towards exploration and adventure has dulled down with the increase in her age.

Her long, black hair had now become grey and thin ,her face once so beautiful had now become filled with wrinkles and her voice which was so loud and clear had now turned hoarse and weak.

"Mother,do you need anything?" Sana,who was now a beautiful woman in her 40s ,asked her mother.
Eun Rim laid on her bed,down with a high fever. She was covered with a warm blanket and a cold cloth
was on top of her forehead.

"No, darling. Thank you" Eun Rim replied with a smile.
Eun Rim's family thought that Eun Rim's fever was temporary and that it'll be gone in a couple of days but Eun Rim knew that wasn't the case. Her insides felt weak and her vision was unclear. She knew what it meant to be this sick at the age of 80.

Eun Rim looked over at the other side of her bed and as if she could still imagine her husband,Park Chanyeol sleeping there.
Chanyeol had died five years ago because of a deadly disease. His death had completely broken Eun Rim and took her about three years to get over the fact that people come and people go and that people's presence is fleeting.
She sometimes liked going over their memories together in her mind and tell the story of their love to her grandchildren. She told them about how brave Chanyeol was and how much he loved her. She told them about every good characteristic he possessed, making sure that their grandchildren learnt to respect and love their late grandfather.

Eun Rim could feel herself getting tired. Her heartbeat seemed to have slowed down a bit and her eyes felt too heavy to open.
Images flashed back to her and she was sure that her life was flashing in front of her eyes , meaning: it wasn't long till she could see Chanyeol again.

She saw herself meeting Chanyeol for the first time in Goryeo,with her brother Kyungsoo by her side. She saw the first time Chanyeol and Eun Rim had shared a kiss ,their faces so close to each other that Eun Rim felt she was taken back into that moment. She also saw the time when Chanyeol had to go away for two years and Eun Rim lived everyday with a hope and undying desire to see him again.
Eun Rim could see herself back when she gave birth to their second child,a beautiful boy named Jaehyun. She remembered the extreme happiness on Chanyeol's face as he held their son for the first time. Her mind then filled with images of Chanyeol crying on Sana's wedding and Eun Rim having to comfort him for days after that.
A tear rolled down her face as she remembered the times when Chanyeol and Eun Rim went to the West and experienced life there. She remembered the first time she ever saw the sea and Chanyeol's happiness on fulfilling her wishes.

Her eyes closed slowly as she felt the light in her vision move away from her. The last thing she saw before closing her eyes completely was a hazy image of a man, hovering over her. His right hand rested on her head.
"Is it time yet?" She managed to ask in her weak state.

"Yes,my love. It's finally time for you to come back to me" Chanyeol replied,his voice hoarse.
He gave her his hand , hoping she'd take it.

And she did.

She gladly held Chanyeol's hand, moving into a world where they could  finally be reunited again.

************************************
Omg😭😭😭 I can't believe this story is finally over.
It's been a really, really long time since I published this story and I won't deny, I'm rather attached to everyone of you and this story.

I hope you all liked the story and if there's anything you'd want me to improve in my writing style then please free to tell me.
Also please do read my other books. I'd be more than happy if you do.

So with this we have come to the conclusion of 'Goryeo's princess' and it's time we bid goodbye to our dear characters.

It was a great journey y'all 💕

-author