Chapter 30

"Are you sure?"I asked Baekhyun.
Baekhyun nodded in response as he ate his breakfast.
"It's completely accurate information. Minseok's mother has been captured by Jongin and Junmyeon. That is why he's been on their side" he said.

I sighed.

"What next? Do you have a plan?" I asked.
Baekhyun nodded
"We'll use a similar plan that we used to get you out of jail" he replied and I nodded.

His plan was this: we'd make Eun Rim write a letter from Jongin to Minseok hyung, saying that his mother will be killed unless he openly tells the king to give up his throne and that Jongin was the rightful heir to the throne of Silla. Then after he received it, we'll go and rescue Minseok's mother from Jongin's house.

It sounded ridiculous to me at first but soon it started making sense to me. This will allow the king to see Minseok's real identity and it will also delay any possibility of a war.

At night, just before bed time I slip the letter written by Eun Rim below the pillow of Minseok's bed and go to meet Baekhyun and Eun Rim,who are waiting for me near the gate entrance.

"Here,wear these masks. We'll be in trouble if people figure us out" Eun Rim said as she handed over a mask to both of us. We three carry a sword and s knife ,in case of emergency.
I quickly put on the mask and then make my way to rescue a kidnapped old lady.

Baekhyun lead us quietly through the capital city to Jongin's supposed home and when we reach there,all of us are shocked.
The house was not only a house but also a place for men to indulge in immoral practices. The house seemed so lively as compared to everything around it. It was well lit and people could see women dressed in sexy outfits serving drinks to lusty men everywhere.

I curled my hands into fists, my blood boiling with anger.
This Jongin thinks that he's the rightful heir to the throne of Silla and yet he indulges in such practices. If he really believed that he was the heir,he'd have helped the poor and needy people in his kingdom instead of doing THIS.

"If I find that guy tonight, I'll kill him with my bare hands" I heard Eun Rim declare as she spots a man forcefully trying to kiss a woman.
Baekhyun didn't say anything and went inside immediately.

The scene inside the house was even worse. There were different Chambers along both sides of a long hallway. And trust me when I say you'd rather pull out your eyes than to look into one of them.

"Where will we find her?" Baekhyun said, sounding defeated.
Eun Rim bit her lower lip as she thought about what to do.

"Do you think he's like using her for the same purpose that she's using the other women?" She said.
I shake my head.
"No. We've met Minseok's mother before and she's really old, trust me. She cannot be used for such purposes" I said.

"I agree with you but I'm pretty sure he's putting her to some use. It's just a gut feeling"Eun Rim replied.

We stood at the end of the hallway and just then , Eun Rim and I notice Baekhyun's eyes being fixed somewhere behind us.
We immediately turn around and find ourselves looking at a beautiful woman, wearing a blue hanbok . She was serving soju too all the people in the house.

"We should ask her"he said,dazed.
Eun rim and I look at each other and laugh a little. It hasn't even been an hour since we got here and Baekhyun is already whipped for a woman he's never met before.
Nevertheless,we go to the woman.

"Excuse me,miss?" Baekhyun started. "Do you know anyone named  Kim Hyunji here?"

She looked at the three of us sharply,up and down as if analysing our appearance.

"What business would you have with a poor old lady like her?" The woman replied.
Baekhyun smiled and said," we are here to take her to her son "

I mentally punch Baekhyun hard on the face. His loud mouth becomes uncontrollable when he talked with a woman he liked. He was an idiot. He was the dumbest man I'd ever met!

The woman frowns
"If you are sent here by Jongin,I swear to God I'll protect the old lady with my own life. If you hurt her,you're dead" she said.

Eun Rim laughed.
"Does it look like we're here because of Jongin? No. Take us to the lady and stop asking so many questions" she said.
The woman seemed to be a little affected by Eun Rim's words so she took us towards the kitchen.
There we found an old lady chopping vegetables and singing to herself in a soft voice.

"Ajhumma,you have someone who wanted to meet you" the woman said .

Minseok's mother looked so much like him it was difficult to believe we were Not talking to him. She looked up from her chopping board and as if her face lit up.

"Oh. Chanyeol, Baekhyun" she came towards the both of us and hugged us.
I saw the young woman leave the kitchen and let us be. Maybe she trusted us now or maybe she didn't. Who knows?

"Have you come to take me back? Did Minseok send you?" She asked, patting our heads.

We both nodded sadly.
How could I tell her that her son was a traitor as well as a Coward?

"Yes. Now would you come with us? We don't have long. Jongin could be here any minute." Baekhyun said.
The old lady nodded and got up but just then, the young woman rushed inside.

"What's wrong?" Eun Rim asked on seeing her huff like that.

"Jongin is here" was the reply.

***************

Another update for y'all

XOXO