Chapter 28

Eun Rim's POV

The next morning I woke up , feeling sore but rejuvenated, like I had just worked out after a long while.
I looked over my shoulder and saw Chanyeol there, sleeping.
His face was pressed against my back and his hand around my waist even in his sleep. His lips were a little parted .
I turned towards him , carefully and caressed his face. He looked so innocent, beautiful like this. Even more than usual. I pressed myself closer to him, taking in his scent.

He stirred a little and opened his eyes, yawning.

"Hey" he said in his deep,early morning voice. He pulled me closer and nuzzled his face into my hair.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked.
" Yes" he replied ." You?"

"Hadn't slept this good in years" I said, trying to flirt.
He pulls away and raises an eyebrow.
I smile , peck his lips.

He pulls me closer , bitting his lips .
"You're even more beautiful in the morning" he said and I blush.
He kissed my forehead then my cheek,down to my jawline and then my neck.
"Ahh..."I sighed softly. He trailed around my collarbone for sometime and then kissed my lips softly and then passionately.
Our tongues clashed as he climbed on top of me and held my face in his hands as we kissed passionately. Our breaths mixed up,like they've always been meant to do that. I hooked my arms around him.
I pulled away and looked at him, smiling.
"Best morning of my life"he said .
"The feeling's mutual" I replied.

    ................

It was afternoon now and Chanyeol was still busy doing his duties with the king.
I spent the day with Yoona in the market and later came to my room for lunch.

While I ate my food,a maid came in and handed over a letter to me.
A part of me was hoping that it's from Chanyeol but I tried not to hope too much.

I opened it and read through it. I recognized the handwriting at one go. It was Prince Kyungsoo.

Dearest sister

How have you been doing? We all miss you terribly at home , especially your friends and our cousin Yixing.
I hope you and Yoona have been doing well there .

I am writing this letter to inform you that our father has not been healthy for sometime now. His health is deteriorating and the physician is trying his best to make him fine again .
Our mothers spend most of the time in the temple, praying for his health.

The governance is mostly controlled by brother Joo hyuk and cousin Yixing. We're hoping that father will be fine soon but at any case,our father has decided to pass on the throne to our brother and rest for the remaining time of his life.
I would like to invite you to the coronation of our brother. We've sent an official letter to the king and queen too. We'd be very glad to have you back.

Lots of love
Kyungsoo.

I dropped the letter as I felt the heat rush to my head .
My father was sick.
I held the table to stabilize myself.

Just then I heard the front door being knocked.
"Princess,can I come in?" I heard Chanyeol say.
I rushed to open it and as soon as I closed it,I hugged him tightly.
He was quick to wrap his arms around me as I closed my eyes and calmed myself down.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.
My throat started hurting, knowing I would start crying any moment now.

"My father is not well....he's sick and it's taking him time to recover" I said. It felt weird to think about my father being sick. I remember my father being a strong, healthy man for as long as my memory allowed me to recall. He used to often carry me and Joo hyung on his shoulders and take us to watch the fireworks during festivals. I remember his playing house with Yoona Unnie.