Chapter 8

The main hall of the main palace was packed with people from all around the world. It hadn't felt so lively and happy in years.

Eun Rim entered the main palace hall with prince Joo Hyuk by her side.
Most of the heads turned to them and bowed to them.
Eun Rim smiled back and bowed. She was not used to so much attention.
"Eun Rim, there is your Uncle and Aunt."the crown prince pointed towards the old,odly dressed couple.

"Greetings, your majesty"they both bowed towards the Prince.

"Eun Rim,my darling, there's someone we wanted you to meet"her aunt said as she drags Eun Rim away from Joo Hyuk and her uncle.

"I hope the crown prince has given you the required information. This boy has literally been like a son to me for the past ten years. He is the son of a rich landlord in Goryeo and himself is a successful and rich trader. I used to go to his house to sell spices. He has a nice nature and an even amazing face. I'm sure you'll like him"

Hearing this, Eun Rim got even more confused.She remembered her brother giving her a choice and that provided her some relief.

"I'd like to meet him"she managed to say.

The Sooner she got over it,the better.

Her aunt smiled.
"He's outside the main palace gate,in the public garden. The crown Prince will make up for your absence."she said.

Eun Rim sighed and slowly went towards the public garden,just outside the palace.
She wasn't usually accompanied by maids so it felt very uncomfortable to be with her maids at that moment.

As she reached the garden,it felt as if there was a festival in Goryeo.

Lights hung down from tree branches and there were stalls of food and clothes everywhere.

She looked around a little, looking for her 'to be husband'.
She saw a lot of men around but no one seemed to be the person she was looking for.

She walked about a little more and reached a small lake. The lake was beautifully decorated,with lights hanging from trees and lamps floating on the water surface .
Just then she saw a man sitting there and looking quite agitated. He was looking here and there as if searching for someone. He played with his fingers while shaking his leg nervously. He must be the one.

She slowly and shyly went towards him ,her heart rate increasing with each step.

Eun Rim wondered what kind of a person he must be or what food did he like or what was his favorite sport.
She hated it but she just couldn't help all these questions.

When she finally reached the place where he was standing,he saw her and immediately stood up.

"My greetings,your majesty" he bowed slowly, smiling.

And wasn't he handsome.
He had a sharp face cut with long, beautiful hair and eyes that shone like diamonds.

Eun Rim bowed in return,"I'm Princess Eun Rim,it's a pleasure to meet you"

"I'm Kim Junmyeon, and the pleasure is all mine"he said.

They both smiled as their eyes locked for a moment.But before it got too awkward for them , Junmyeon spoke.
"Shall we take a walk ?" He suggested.
Eun Rim agreed by nodding.

She lead the way as they started walking around the lake. The scene was really beautiful,the kind that one reads about in a book or hears about in stories,where couples fall in love.

"So..um..my aunt wants us to get married . What do you say to that, Junmyeon-sshi?" She asked.

He smiled at her ." I know it's sudden but if it's completely up to you. If you do decide to marry me,I will make you the happiest on Earth" he said.

Eun Rim blushed.

"Wait what? This wasn't what I planned. I was going to reject him!"she thought to herself.
This wasn't going the way she had expected but she couldn't deny that Junmyeon did seem like a good guy.
She almost considered him as her groom but it felt lame.She had a lot to do,she couldn't get married yet

"Look, Junmyeon, I -"
" You don't want to marry me,do you?"he asked, smiling a little but sadness visible in his eyes.
Eun Rim Felt bad.

"That's not what I was going to say. I ...I just want you to come and enjoy the wedding celebrations,as my guest. This might bring us closer to each other. But if we don't click then we could still be friends?"she suggested. That was all she could think of at that time and nevertheless, she didn't regret it.

He smiled and bowed.
"Again,the pleasure was all mine"he replied.

"Let's go to the main palace now,shall we?"she asked.
Junmyeon nodded and together they make their way to the main palace.

************************************

Hey everyone!
Long time no see💟
I'm sorry I wasn't able to update for so long. I had an important exam and I couldn't afford to get distracted at that time. But I'm back now and I have a lot prepared for you.

Thanks for the all the support you've been showing to my story . I hope I continue to get the same support in the future too.

Also, Happy 6th anniversary to EXO! and all the exols out there.❤

XOXO