Chapter 1

15 years later~

"Goryeo" That was all the whole kingdom was talking about.
Every corner,every kid , every household,basically everyone had that name on their lips.

"Been hearing too much about Goryeo,huh?" Taehyung and Minho tried irritating Chanyeol while he read a book.
Chanyeol could only roll his eyes.

Minho chuckled."Does Goryeo not piss you off anymore?"He asked.

Chanyeol thought about it for a moment.  He had hated the kingdom of Goryeo not because of any other reason but because his mother,who abandoned him and his father when he was still a kid,lived there with her other son and new husband. He personally never hated the kingdom of Goryeo but it was only because of the mother that he didn't feel good about Goryeo.

"I don't really know,my father never spoke anything good about Goryeo, he's always felt that the people of Goryeo are after power, nothing else.I don't know,maybe it's because of his persuasion that I dislike the kingdom of Goryeo"He lied. Chanyeol always lied to his friends about the reason behind his bitter feelings for Goryeo. He didn't want to be judged or pitied.

"You must be having a hard time then,with everyone in Silla talking about Goryeo these days." Taehyung said, smiling.

"No, not really" Chanyeol closed his book. "I just do not participate in conversations on that topic, simple. "

"As expected from you"Minho laughed and Chanyeol smiled too.

"But I wonder why people are so much into Goryeo these days. There isn't a war ,is there?"Chanyeol asked. It wasn't a war,for sure. Because it there had been a war the knights wouldn't have been leisurely sitting in their quarters. They'd in fact be the first to know about a possible war between Silla and any other kingdom.

Minho pursed his lips, thinking hard.

"No war,I think. I've heard rumors though. I don't know if they are true or not"He said.

"Really? What rumors then?"Taehyung asked and Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

The front door of their quarters flung open and before Minho could even reply, Baekhyun came running up to their table.
"Did you hear about it?!"he said ,panting.

Minho, Chanyeol and Taehyung had a confused expression on their faces.

"What?"Chanyeol asked, frowning.

Baekhyun rubbed his temples lightly.

"About King Hyungsik's wedding?"Baekhyun said. "Don't tell me you hadn't heard about....It "

Chanyeol and Taehyung were shocked,their eyes wide and jaw on the floor.

Minho seemed startled but he also looked as if he had known about it beforehand.
"That was...the rumour I heard"Minho said, pursing his lips.
Chanyeol didn't know how to react.
They were the King's Knights and if nothing else,they had grown up together.The King should have told about this thing to at least one of them.
A part of him felt betrayed but a part of him was also curious as to who the King had finally chosen as his wife. The king was crowned at an early age so he never really had the chance or time to try his hand in love and romance but Chanyeol was glad the King had found someone now. He hoped his friend's life won't be as boring anymore.

"Who is the bride?"He asked.
Taehyung ​looked at him, surprised.

Baekhyun gulped,looked at Minho,but upon finding no help from him, said,"Um... Princess..Y-yoona"

"From which kingdom does she come?" Chanyeol asked again.

Baekhyun knew there was going to be a huge scene right now ,if he gave Chanyeol the answer of that question but if Chanyeol got to know about it later,things are going to be even worse so he decided to just do away with the making-of-scene thing already.

Baekhyun himself couldn't digest the fact that their King had decided to get married at the early age of twenty eight,even without consulting his Knights .
These knights were not only the King's guards or the protector of  the kingdom ,but also King Hyungsik's childhood friends. They had gone thorugh thick and thin together.

"Baek?"Chanyeol demanded again.

Baekhyun sighed and said,"Princess Yoona is from.... Goryeo"

**********************************
So....the first chapter 💕💕 how was it, guys?? I hope you liked it and if not,I hope I'll be able to write better from now on.

I'm kinda sad right now because I just got to know about Kai and Krystal's break up and I am just sooooo disappointed😢 I still hope that they'll be happy in their lives. Please don't hate on them ,they need you guys right now. Be the kind of fans they'd be proud to have.

Till next update then

-3121

P.s: refer to the pic in the media to have a clearer picture of the background of the story .