Chapter 7

As the night came ,the city was filled with excitement and joy.
The smell of delicious food was in the air and the people from far away villages had come to rejoice over their princess Yoona's marriage.

Princess Eun Rim's quarters were looking beautiful. The maids had lit up candles in the corridor which made it glow even more.
In her room,the Princess sat with the two maids along with her step mother,Queen Ji woo.

"I don't like blue,your majesty" Eun Rim told the Queen,while looking at herself in the mirror.
"It doesn't matter to me. All the Royal children are wearing blue,so should you. You're no exception. I don't want my image to become bad just because my step daughter looks like a maid instead of a princess!" The queen replied, roughly.

Eun Rim's fists clenched. If only the queen knew how many times Eun Rim had to hold herself back from breaking her jaw.

"Okay,your majesty" the Princess managed to say as the maids started to give finishing touch to her hair and makeup.

"Crown prince, Joo Hyuk is here " the guard announced.

"Let him in" the queen answered even before Eun Rim could.

The crown prince came into the room. He wore a blue hanbok with a head gear. He looked elegant.

"Greetings,mother" he greeted the queen.
"Oh my son,you look so good. Omo!!"the queen exclaimed as she went and cupped the crown Prince's cheeks.

The maids were done with Eun Rim so she turned around and faced them.

"Greetings, brother" she said and bowed.

He smiled at his dear sister.

" Mother,the King has requested to see you as soon as possible. The function is about to start ." The crown Prince told the Queen.
She nodded and left along with her maids.

Eun Rim felt relief wash over her as  soon as the Queen left. The Queen only rarely talked or even acknowledge her ,she bothered Eun Rim at times when there was celebration and she didn't want Eun Rim to dress up badly.

"You look beautiful,Eun Rim." The Crown prince complimented her.

"Thank you, brother. But I'm assuming you didn't come here to tell me that,did you?" Eun Rim joked.

He chuckled, "Actually,there was something I had to tell you before the function at the main palace. Please have a seat" he said

Eun Rim immediately sat down.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Umm...well.. it's about your Uncle and Aunt. They have been writing letters to me from the past few days. They want you to get married after Princess Yoona does. And they are coming to today's celebration along with the guy they wanted you to consider as a potential husband"

Eun Rim stopped breathing for a split second. She felt blood rushing to her cheeks.

"What?!"she spat out.

"Yes,I know it's sudden and there's no pressure on you,okay? You can marry him or you can decide otherwise. It's fine. They just wanted you settle down  soon. That's it." He explained,calmly.

"H-how can I get married? I have so much to do. I still have to travel to the West and I also need to make the school for poor children that I told you about. I still haven't...god! No! I cannot marry" she said,slamming her fist against the table.

Joo Hyuk could only sigh.

"If that's what you decide,then it's fine. I only want you to be happy,that's it"he said.

Eun Rim knew her brother was lying. She could see it in his eyes.
" Did you consult the king, brother?" She asked.

"No. I was thinking I'd talk to him only after you agree to the marriage." He replied.

She felt even more guilty.

"I'll consider him tonight,when I meet him but.. don't expect too much" she said , softly.
A smile spread across The crown Prince's face.

"Thank you but remember,you're always free to do as you wish. There's no pressure"
She nodded.

"Now,it's time for the celebrations. Shall we go, sister?" The crown prince gave his arm for the princess to hold it.

She took it and together,they walked towards the main palace,with Eun Rim's head being clouded by thoughts of her marriage.
Was she really ready for marriage? She hoped not.

On the other hand ,the Knights' house was very noisy but fun-filled.
The happiness could be felt in the atmosphere.

Baekhyun sat in front of the mirror,doing his hair while a few maids were appointed to help the Knight's with their dresses.

Sehun and wore a golden hanbok and had his long hair tied up. Minho and Taehyung wore red hanbok and Baekhyun and Minseok wore green hanboks.

Chanyeol was the only one who wore silver one. He looked gorgeous.
His hair was open and it fell below his shoulders.

" Do you think there will be any girls worth looking at tonight?" Taehyung asked Chanyeol as he wore his shoes.

Chanyeol chuckled.

"Maybe. I have only met the princesses till now. But let's hope there will be more beautiful girls tonight" he replied.

" So you mean to say that the princesses are beautiful?" Sehun asked ,leaning against the wall.

"Of course. Princess Yoona is beautiful and Princess Eun Rim is .. gorgeous" he said.

Everyone burst into laughter.

"Chanyeol , I'm glad you're finally showing interest in women" Baekhyun laughed.
"I thought he might as well be in love with one of us"Sehun added.

And the laughter continued.

Chanyeol's cheeks turned red but he couldn't help but smile.

A guard entered their common room,out of nowhere, surprising them all.

"The King of Silla has called you to the main palace. I'm here to accompany you all " he announced.

The Knights once again got ready and went towards the main palace.

Chanyeol felt excited; but this time,it was not because he was going to see the beautiful palace,but because he was going to Princess Eun Rim again.