Chapter 24

The next morning was gloomy and extremely suffocating for both Eun Rim and Chanyeol.

Eun Rim had lost faith in her once lover where as Chanyeol had been falsely accused of treason.

Eun Rim woke up the next morning, feeling dizzy and sad . She remembered all her beautiful mornings with Chanyeol when they'd wake up and stay on the bed and cuddle before getting started with day . She almost felt like he was there and that he'd kiss her forehead any moment now.
But he won't because he was a traitor and he was behind the bars; where he belonged.

Chanyeol couldn't sleep a wink the whole night. All the soldiers at the prison were making disgusting faces at him .
He leaned against the wall and sighed as a tear escaped his eyes.

He was fooled by his Minseok hyung, someone who he had held in much high regards.
And Minseok WAS the culprit but there was no way Chanyeol could prove it.
He was trapped and alone and helpless.
The image of Eun Rim flashed into his mind,breaking his heart for the hundredth time.  He could never forget the look on her  face when she slapped him. But he couldn't blame her. He could only blame himself for falling for Minseok's words.

"Yeol!" He heard the voice of his aunt at the door of the cell.
She looked tired and sick,like she had cried the whole night. His father was behind her and it hurt to his father so upset. Baekhyun was there too and he whished that at least Baekhyun would believe him.

He ran to them but the jail bars separated them.
"I didn't do it" he said.

His aunt held his hand, comforting him.
"I know. My baby would never do such a horrible thing!" She spoke as tears streamed down her face.

" Do you know who might have done it? " His father asked.
Chanyeol nodded.

"Yes. Yes I do. But I've been framed now. And I have no proof" he said,defeated.

"We'll do something,yeol. Don't worry. I'll talk to the king or probably someone who could help. Maybe the princess can help..."his father went on and on.

"The King hates me and so does the princess. And I bet that the knights hate me too" he spoke .

Baekhyun looked around him and said," I trust him, general Park. My Friend is anything but a traitor"
Chanyeol felt hopeful again.

He narrated the whole thing to them, almost whispering.

"Minseok hyung must be caught" Baekhyun said, looking devastated. Minseok had always been close to them.
"We have to catch him, together, Baekhyun" Chanyeol's father said .
"Thank you. I just hope nothing goes wrong"  Chanyeol said.

He was more than happy that they believed. Maybe ,there was still someone who trusted him and believed in his innocence.

"God will help us. Trust him ."his aunt said .

Soon after,his father and aunt were made to leave.
Baekhyun stayed with him for a little longer and then he had to go too.
And Chanyeol was once again left alone.

On the other hand,Eun Rim couldn't stop herself from being curious about everything that had been going on.
There was solid proof that Chanyeol was the traitor who was helping some enemy but at the same time,a part of her was wishing it was all a lie.

She wanted to look for more proof against him and she finally reached the knight quarters,the place where he spent most of his time. Eun Rim also knew that she may not be able to handle it if she found more proof but she hoped she wouldn't find any.
Maybe she was actually looking for proof of his innocence.

"Princess,how may I help you?" Baekhyun asked politely as she entered his room

"I'm here to talk about Chan..."she felt like crying again. "Chanyeol"

His face fell. He gestured her to sit down.

"You trust him, don't you?"he asked almost whispering.
Eun rim bit my lip. She wished she could say yes but she didn't,she didn't trust him.

She shook her head.

He sighed.

"I have known that man my whole life and I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't do such a horrible thing! And I thought you loved him,then where did all that disappear suddenly? "He sounded angry.
"But they found the letter in his pocket,he was in the weapons room, setting a trap for MY sister,I saw it!" She  replied back.

"Did you check the letter"s handwriting at least? Did you check if it's his or not? "He asked,and then put two papers on the table.

"The main culprit may have written it ."Eun Rim said.

"Yeah. You definitely got that part right. "He showed the papers to me.

Both of them had the same handwriting on it,as if the same person had written it.
One of the papers were official documents of the royal army and the other...was the letter Chanyeol had.

"I got this letter from the royal guards,who confiscated it from Chanyeol and the other one is written by Minseok hyung" he spoke and something inside her clicked.

Minseok was the ONE who came to tell her and the King about Chanyeol being the traitor,he also was the one to bring the king into the moon building the other night. Chanyeol was saying something about Minseok knowing ABOUT Sehun. He was making sure someone covered his crimes!

" You really wanna know what's going on?" Baekhyun asked.

And she nodded.

When Baekhyun was done telling her about everything, starting from Minseok making Chanyeol search Sehun's drawers to Him getting arrested,she was shocked as well as relieved.
"I'm helping you guys to catch Minseok. I will do anything get that man caught and Chanyeol out of the jail. "She said. Her voice sounded angry.

Baekhyun nodded.

" I looked into Minseok's and sehun's drawers to search for more proof" he said as he placed a wooden box on the table. "Seems like Minseok hyung only used Sehun to fool Chanyeol. And also he's a big idiot for hiding his letters to the Queen in his drawers"

Eun Rim sighed.
" We need to come up with something soon" she said .
Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at her and said," but first,you need to meet that lover boy of yours"