Chapter 3

The impact of the wedding's news on the people of Silla was dull and less cheerful but the impact of the wedding declaration was a lot more like an invitation for a festival for the people of Goryeo.

The people celebrated with sweets,drinks and snacks at their homes. Everyone was SO fond of Princess Yoona.
A person who didn't belong to Goryeo might almost think that they were preparing for a festival rather than a wedding.

And the celebrations in the huge palace of Goryeo was even more extravagant than in the capital City.
The relatives of the king's two queens,Queen Lin and Queen Jiwoo, came from all over the world,Princess Yoona's friends, Crown prince Joo Hyuk's friends, the king's special invitees and Prince Kyungsoo's friends. The palace was almost over crowded with people.

In midst of all this chaos and celebration,Princess Yoona's youngest sister ,Princess Eun felt rather secluded,like she didn't belong there among the people of such high and Noble birth.

She laid on her bed,not wanting to get out of her room and face all the people in the palace. She didn't want to face all those relatives of the queens who weren't even related to her. She didn't want to go out ,all dressed up and talking to people about how happy she was  for her elder sister.
Of course,she was happy for her sister but she wasn't the kind to be going around and talking about it all the time and anyway, except her father(the King) and her siblings,no one even liked her so her absence from the celebrations might as well make no difference.

A knock on the door made her come out of her thoughts.

"Princess" the soldier outside said. "Crown prince Joo Hyuk is here to see you"he said.

She sighed.

"Let him in"she replied to the soldier.

She got up and straightened herself.

"My greetings,Brother"she said when prince Joo Hyuk entered the room.
He had a sad smile on his face.

"Why aren't you ready yet, I've come to take you to the palace"he said.

Princess Eun was out of words. She loved her brother immensely but she was also equally terrified of making him hate her.

"I.." she played with her fingers. "I wasn't feeling well"she said.

The Crown prince gave her a suspicious look.
"Eun, I'm your brother. You cannot lie to me"he said,patting her head,as if she were a puppy.
She hung her head down.

"I'm sorry, brother but you know why I don't like joining those celebrations. I don't like being the things they talk about,the things they eat,the things they wear. I don't belong among them"she reasoned.
He sighed and hugged her.

"You do. You are a warrior and you belong among us."he said, trying to comfort her.She smiled.
She thanked God for giving her a brother as nice as him.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute" she said at once and with that the crown Prince left Princess Eun 's room, giving her time to get ready.

After he left,she decided to get ready. Some of the maids helped her with the dress and the others with the hair.
Eun Rim usually hated getting dressed up and moreover,she hated using the help of these maids because she felt they already have tons of work to do.

By the time she was ready and she entered the halls,she caught a lot of attention.
The Queens' relatives were all shocked to see Eun in a dress,rather than the usual uniform of an army general.

"Welcome, Princess Eun Rim"an arm was draped around her waist.

She couldn't help but smile.
"Thank you,Unnie"she smiled at her elder sister,Yoona.
Yoona was dress beautifully in a white gown and wore a silver tiara.

"Unnie,you look beautiful"Eun complimented, pushing a piece of hair behind Yoona's ears. Princess Yoona blushed a little.

"So do you. Now,we have some people to meet. Shall we go?"Yoona said.

Eun Rim sighed at the word 'meet'. She mentally wished she was like her siblings and knew how to socialize,but rather she was this odd one out who liked staying in the training area and practice horse riding or sword fighting or anything else that had to do with war.

As Yoona pulled Eun Rim through the crowds of people,Eun caught a glimpse of her brothers,Crown prince Joo Hyuk and Prince Kyungsoo together.
Both of them waved at her and she just smiled back in return.

Princess Yoona took her to an old couple,who were cheerfully greeting everyone.

"Princess Eun Rim,meet your uncle and Aunt, who've come all the way from the West to meet you."Yoona said.

Eun Rim swallowed hard.

"Uncle and Aunt? Which queen's relatives were they? Princess Yoona's mother or Crown prince Joo Hyuk's?"she thought to herself.

"Um...which queen's relatives are they?"she asked Yoona ,under her breath.

Yoona smiled and said,"they are your real uncle and aunty, your REAL mother's sister and her husband"

Eun Rim was dumbstruck for a while.

Her mother wasn't a queen of the King but rather she was a court lady,with  whom the King had an affair .

Eun Rim often felt that she was a mistake of her mother and the King but the King tells her otherwise. He tells her that no matter what, she'd always be a special child to him and her mother, who died after Eun Rim was born, would always be his ONLY queen.
Eun Rim knew her mother and father had a tragic love story but she didn't have the guts to ask anyone about it.

"Eun Rim...."her aunt gasped,with tears in her eyes.

"You're as beautiful as your mother"her aunt added, hugging her.
And for once,She didn't regret going to a celebration like she usually does.
She was glad she had met her aunt.

"You remember your mother?"her uncle asked.
Eun Rim nodded
"Well, we're planning on taking you with us to my house,the place I spent my childhood in,and have you see who your mother was. "

"When!"Eun asked, excited.
"After the wedding,I hope"Yoona added , smiling.

"Yes,of course after the wedding"her uncle said, laughing.

Eun Rim didn't know if she was going to find something useful about her mother when she went to visit her childhood home but she hoped that this would bring her closer to her mother,whom she never met but only imagined in her head .