Chapter 20

Chanyeol's POV

And a month passed by like wind.
Eun Rim and I grew closer and fonder of each other with ever passing day.
Eun Rim and I often trained together in evenings and I spent most of my nights with her,cuddled up together.

The question I had asked on her first night here had still not left my mind but I decided to keep it to myself because it was probably uncomfortable for Eun Rim and I also felt that it was too early to think about it .

Today,I had specially invited her over to The Park household,to introduce her to my father.

After coming back from Goryeo,I told my father about my encounter with my mother and her lover's son. He was very angry but he did not say anything to me.
" Your aunt Min and I have raised you and I think we no longer should ponder about that woman."he had said .

I picked up some clothes lying on the floor in my room and put them in my closet.

"You're going to bring her or she'll come on her own?"my Aunt,Min entered my room.
I sat on the bed, sighing.
"I asked Baekhyun to drop her. They could be here any moment"I said.
It was weird. I was nervous about this visit of hers. My father's approval of Eun Rim meant more to me than what I showed. I hoped More than anything that he likes her.

A worker then came to my room.
"Master Chanyeol, princess Eun Rim is here" he said.
My heart started beating fast.

My aunt smiled and patted my head.
"Everything is going to be okay. Your father will love her" she said.
And I wished she was right. He could be my father but he had always been closer to my aunt Min,given that he was her only sibling.

We both then went to greet Eun Rim.

She wore a golden hanbok and had tied her hair in a braid. She looked beautiful. Her eyes caught mine and we smiled at each other.
"Princess,welcome to our household. We're honoured to have you here" aunt Min said as she bowed to Eun Rim.
"Thank you for having me. I look forward to having a good time. " She said and looked at me again.
I just nodded and led them inside the dinning hall.

We all sat on our respective places and just then ,father entered.
Everyone stood up, including Eun Rim.
"Welcome to our household, Princess."father said.
She bowed at him and smiled. "Thank you for your time and invitation"

I knew she was afraid too.She looked nervous,her hands were in fists and her lips were pressed.
I giggled all of a sudden.

All heads jerked towards me.

"What happened?"my father asked.
I silently cursed myself.

"Nothing. I'm sorry."I replied,not looking at him.
Somehow,he seemed to let it go and we all sat down to eat.

"So princess what did you see in my son ?"he asked.
I was dumbfounded.
As much as I was scared of what he'd say,I was curious as to what she had to say.

She smiled and looked at me.
"He .....makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on Earth. He respects who I am and what I've been through. Chanyeol had made me realize that I'm worth having"she said. I could see my father smile.
"I was initially unsure if I wanted a princess from Goryeo to be with my son,but you changed my mind. I'm happy he met you" he said.
Eun Rim looked at me ,her eyes filled with gratitude and relief.
I compressed a smile .
I never realized she felt this way. I had always assumed that I was probably just another guy she was with and there was nothing special about it. I was wrong.
"I'll try to be with him as long as I can"she added.
My father smiled and said, " I'm glad you feel this way. I hope you two can now take care of each other without being selfish. Always be honest with each other and never ever stop being a support for the other. That's how a relationship can work."

*********

My father let me take Eun Rim back after a while.As we walked back,I decided to hold her hand .
"I liked what you said about me" I said.
She smiled and kissed my cheek.
"It was true. No false flattering"she said.
I smiled. This woman,right here,makes me so happy.

We soon reached the Queen's quarters where she was staying but before I could take her inside,Queen Yoona came running to us.

"Unnie. What happened?"Eun Rim asked, tensed.
There were drops of sweat on the Queen's forehead. The maids with her were panting too.

"I...I got a threat letter today,Eun Rim"she sounded scared.

************************************
Hey guys!
Hope you liked this chapter.

I already ship these two so much🔥🔥🔥
I have my examinations starting from next week so I'll not be posting for sometime. I expect my readers to be patient and wait for me.

XOXO