Chapter 5

Eun Rim's POV

"Oh god, Princess,you have no idea what I would've done to be in your place" Seung Wan exclaimed, jumping up and down with excitement.
I sighed as Joohyun and Yixing rolled their eyes.

"Why would you say that?"I asked,tapping my feet on the floor.

My whole body hurts and I was so desperate for some sound sleep. But I didn't want to be rude to the people in my room.
My friends, Joohyun and Seung Wan had come over to meet me .
And coincidentally,my cousin Yixing from China had also come to visit me- amidst the ongoing wedding preparations- at the same time.

Yixing ,Joohyun , Seung Wan and I were about the same age and we had grown up together. Obviously,with time it became difficult to keep contact but I'm glad nothing between the four of us changed.

"I'm saying that because you meet the knights of Silla! People would do anything to have a glance at them. They are THAT beautiful." She said.

I giggled.

"Are you serious?" Yixing asked,lying down on my bed. He must be tired too,after all,he had reached here from China today itself.

"Of course she is . I agree that those knights are very good looking" Joohyun said. "But,there's nothing that exciting about that"

I smiled.
"You guys can come over tomorrow. We have a small celebration at the palace . I could introduce you to them. "I said.

Seung Wan jumped with excitement.

"I am so thankful to you, princess. I love you" she said and hugged me tightly.

Joohyun and Yixing smiled at us.

"Let's go now,Seung Wan-ah. We have to get adequate sleep to look good tomorrow" Joohyun said and winked at me.

And with that , Seung Wan and Joohyun left.

"Okay , Princess. I have to go and get some beauty sleep too" Yixing joked as he got down from my bed.
I stood up from my chair.

"I'll see you tomorrow then"i said .
Yixing bowed,smiling and left.

As soon as I was all alone,I jumped on my bed and slept a dreamless sleep.

*********

The next morning,I woke up with the sounds of birds chirping just outside my window.
I wasn't really a morning person but I wasn't the kind to sleep till late either.

As I sat up and stretched my hands out,there was a knock on my door.
"Yes?" I said .
"Princess,the king of Silla is here to see you"the guard told me.

I was dumbstruck.
I just woke up,I probably looked very indecent, my bed was not made and I still hadn't freshened up.

"Um.... "I quickly got up, straightened my clothes,tied my hair in a bun and made my bed. "Yes. Let them in"I said.

"I'm so sorry if I had disturbed you, Princess"he said as he entered,along with his Knight. I recognized the Knight immediately. He was Chanyeol.

"Of course not,your majesty"I said , smiling.
"Greetings,Knight Chanyeol" I turned to Chanyeol,who stood there staring at the sight of my room.

"I just came to look around the palace but Princess Yoona had told me you live in these quarters so I thought let's meet you" the king said and smiled at me.
I smiled back.

"I shall be leaving now. I disturbed your sleep already. I'll see you soon"the king said.

I felt embarrassed at his comment.
"There's nothing like that,your majesty. I wasn't disturbed." I replied.

"No, it's perfectly fine . I have to do some important work anyway. See you" he said and started walking out my bedroom.

Chanyeol walked behind him  but kept glancing behind to look at me and it made me suspicious.  I looked at his peculiar behavior, finding it nothing more than humourous and cute. He had round fluffy  cheeks  with big , bright eyes. His face was flushed and he looked a little shy, unlike yesterday.

"Do you want something, Knight Chanyeol?" I asked, deciding to get out of the awkward situation first
He stopped in his tracks and turned around.
"Huh? Are you talking to me, princess?" He replied. I'm sure he was acting since it was pretty obvious I was talking to him.

"Yes"I replied with a chuckle.

"Oh,actually I've been wanting to go on a tour around the palace and the kingdom and I wasn't sure if you would do that so I was having an internal conflict with myself whether to ask you or not." Chanyeol said, looking embarrassed.

He seemed pretty sweet.

King Hyungsik was already ahead of him,as if he knew Chanyeol would be talking to me.
"Of course I can give you a tour. At what time would you be free?" I asked.

"Right after I finish my work with the king ,just before sunset. "He said,his hands behind his back.

"That's perfect. I'll see you then " I said.
He replied with a bow and a smile and left .

I closed the door after he left and jumped back to bed.
I had no other work today so might as well sleep a little longer.

***********************************
Hey readers. Another update to make up for the lost ones.

I hope I'll be able to update more within this month and I REALLY hope that you are liking the story so far.

Please let me know in the comments section👇👇

I love you all for the 100+views. Let's work together to increase the views by sharing the story as much as possible

XOXO