Chapter 41

Chanyeol had been having weird dreams lately. He saw himself, carrying a child in his arms and sometimes even saw Eun Rim playing with the two of them. Chanyeol missed her more than anything but a dream like this was rather peculiar since they don't have children yet. But he surely would love to have some when he returned back to Silla.

"Chanyeol"Queen Yoona came into his room, wearing a simple hanbok. "Come for breakfast"

Chanyeol nodded .
He noticed how odd it felt to look at Queen Yoona this way,simple and plain, without any head gear,make up or jewellery. She probably had never made food for anyone before,but now it had become like a habit of hers to make food every day for Chanyeol and King Hyungsik.

The three of them had completely cut themselves off from the world and lived a secluded,low key life. They lived in a costal town ,where Chanyeol worked as a salesman in a shop and King Hyungsik worked at an eating center. Queen Yoona sat at their small hut and took care of everything there.

The three of them had adjusted themselves well to the new surroundings and now,after six months of being away from their Homeland,they sometimes forgot that this was temporary and that there was a time when they lived in palaces and had to do nothing on their own.

"The food is really good,Queen Yoona" Chanyeol complimented and The Queen chuckled as the King nodded in agreement.
"I'm so lucky to have a wife who cooks so well, Ain't I?" The king bragged, pinching Yoona's cheek. She jerked her head away and hit his chest, laughing.
Their laughs were careless and happy. Chanyeol noticed how their relationship had changed every since they came from Silla. In the palace,they were the king and queen first and husband and wife later. But here they were free and so they openly took advantage of their freedom by showing love towards each other in ways they never expected too.

"I miss you  ,Eun Rim"Chanyeol thought to himself as he looked at the royal couple laughing and joking together,like how a couple in love should. He was also s little jealous of them but he pushed that feeling away.

It was an off day for Chanyeol and King Hyungsik so while king hyungsik decided to stay around their small hut, Chanyeol decided to go for a walk in the mountains. He often went their to gather his thoughts and be alone. Sometime,he even went through Eun Rim's memories in his head and wished he could go back to Silla as soon as possible but he knew, it'd take a long time to get back the King and Queen out in safe environment.

He walked for about an hour and came back to their small hut, rejuvenated. He opened the door to his room and noticed a letter on top of his bed.

"Park Chanyeol" it read.
He was quick to open the envelope,and read it as soon as he could.

Dearest Chanyeol

Hope you've been doing well and hope the king and queen are safe too. I know I'm supposed to be keeping contact with you but there's something so important that it cannot wait till you come back.
It's been six months since you left and I've been taking care of Eun Rim and your aunt and father. I went to your house last night and I got to know that Eun Rim was pregnant.
Words cannot express how happy I felt at that moment,for you,for Eun Rim and for myself too . I can't wait to have a young Chanyeol or young Eun Rim to play with me all day. 
I wish you were here. You should see Eun Rim, she's so happy being a mother . She can't stop talking about the child. I've not seen her this happy ever since you left.

I really hope you come back whenever it is safe and take care of your family here
Don't reply to this letter,I just wanted to to let you know about the child.

Baekhyun

Chanyeol was stunned for a  moment,he couldn't think of anything else other than the fact that Eun Rim,his beautiful wife was looking pretty was bearing his child inside her.  He wished more than anything that he was in Silla now,beside Eun Rim and watching the child inside her grow. He wished it to carry the child when he cries for the first time,he wished to spent the rest of his life surrounded by Eun Rim and their unborn child.
Chanyeol felt his eyes water at the mere thought of note being able to do any of it and soon he was sobbing. He covered his mouth with his hands so the King and Queen wouldn't have to listen to his sobs.

He remembered Eun Rim's tear stained face as she bid him goodbye. He would do anything to see her again, anything. But he knew,the moment he became a knight, that the king's safety must be made a priority and so now,he didn't have any option but stay miles away from Eun Rim and hope for her welfare.

************************************

Two days for Christmas yayyy

Hope y'all liked the chapter ❤

XOXO