Chapter 33

The morning after their departure,one of the king's Minister's house was burnt thus officially starting the war.
Jongin and Junmyeon had a whole army prepared from the past few years ,only for this day. Silla's royal soldiers were less in number as compared to the soldiers of the enemies but they were way better trained.

King Hyungsik was fighting bravely against the enemies,along side his trusted knights and Minseok.
Minseok's message had a rather quick response,it seemed.

Baekhyun's sword hit against the shield of an enemy soldier as he tried to attack him.Baekhyun backed up and so did the soldier.
They looked at each other , waiting for the other to attack. Baekhyun threw himself at the soldier as he tried to attack him first but the soldier missed his aim.Baekhyun laughed a little and taking the opportunity, he stabbed the soldier right in the chest.

A few feet away from them were Taehyung and Sehun who were fighting with yet another soldier. Their years of training seemed nothing against Taehyung and Sehun's brilliant skills of war.
And then there was Minseok, having to fight with the side which he had once supported but now no longer could do so due to his fear and cowardice . He was a good warrior,but maybe not so good in person.

King Hyungsik's opponent, though,was none other than Jongin.
"Nice to see you again,cousin" he spoke through gritted teeth.
Jongin smirked evilly,"The feeling is mutual, dearest King. How clever of you to let a traitor fight for you"
Jongin attacked as the King dodged it and kicked his stomach. He stumbled back but recovered soon ,and yet again aimed to stab the king 's chest.
The king used his sword to slash Jongin's sword away and then aimed the sword at his neck.

"Guess who's going home early, brother" The king asked and then attacked Jongin.
Jongin threw himself on the ground, making the king miss it just by an inch.

Baekhyun could see Jongin getting up and then look at the king ,as they both got ready to attack the other. But there was also something else that he saw. A knife,tucked in Jongin's socks .
Baekhyun could only watch with fear as Jongin attacked him and the King dodged it by jumping a little. Jongin took out the knife in the blink.of an eye and before the King could receiver from the jump, Jongin stabbed the king on his leg.

Baekhyun ran towards them,at full speed,not knowing what else to do. If the King dies ,they lose. The kingdom will be run by Jongin,who Baekhyun despised so much.

Minho ran towards them too.
King Hyungsik fell on the ground groaning but not letting go of the sword.

"Give up brother and I may spare your life and let you live in my kingdom, happily" Jongin placed the sword at the king's neck.
But just before anything else happened, Baekhyun saw Minho slash his back.

Jongin fell on the ground too as his supporters came up to help him.

King Hyungsik was rushed back to the royal physician and soon,his wound was stitched and he was resting,as the fight for the day was called of. It would be continued as soon as the next day's sun rays fall on the earth.

"You'll be okay,your majesty" Queen Yoona spoke to her husband, stroking his hair as he spoke peacefully. His face was pale and had bruises all over,some still fresh and some crusted over.

"I know,my love. Don't be worried about me. I trust my soldiers,they will fight till their last breath for me" He spoke softly.
Tears filled up her eyes as she saw the pained expression that crossed her husband'a face when he talked. The wound was deep and it would probably hurt Everytime he spoke,even if the wound was just on the leg.
"You aren't fighting tomorrow, please" the Queen said.
King Hyungsik closed his eyes and sighed.
"Why not? It's just a wound on the leg. I've had worse when I fought with my father,trust me,Yoona"He replied.
"But back then,you were fighting for the king,to protect him but now things are different. You are THE King. Please,your majesty"she argued, although she didn't want to. Not at this condition.

The king knew that with his injured leg,he wouldn't be able to run off to the battlefield without any noticing and he knew too that The queen would not let him go too so he decided to stay home for the next day's war. He didn't want to go and get killed and leave the kingdom of Silla in the hands of his evil cousin. For him,his countrymen were more important than anything.

"Alright,I will stay home tomorrow. I promise" The king said, wrapping his fingers around the Queen's hand. Relief washed over the worried Queen Yoona as she heard those words from her husband's mouth.
A part of her wished that Eun Rim were here so she'd be able to help her out of this situation but sadly ,she wasn't.  She only hoped that both Chanyeol and Eun Rim had reached Goryeo's capital city by now.
And she was right.

********

Chanyeol and Eun Rim had reached the city by the time the afternoon sun had warmed everything up around them. Most shops in the markets were closed as it was afternoon and people were resting now.
Chanyeol remembered the first time that he had come to Goryeo. It was a few months but it felt like a long time ago; a distant memory.
His previous visit was like a sea of emotions for him, including both positive and Negative. He fell in love with the most beautiful woman on Earth, Princess Eun Rim. He discovered a new side of him,the side which wanted to lie under the star filled night sky and talk to her for as long as they could an make her believe in happy endings.
On the other hand,he also met his mother. After years of being away from her toxic presence,he came face to face with her again but he realized he didn't want to do anything with her. She may be his biological mother but he had no part in his growing up,and he hated her.

They both rode their horses to the main entrance of the king's palace and then gave their horses to the guards. They then walked towards the king's bedroom.

Eun Rim's mind too was filled with memories of her life before she left for Silla. These narrow hallways and the familiar clothing style was dear to her.
She remembered the days she'd spent playing with her siblings and her maids,when she was too young to refuse their service. She remembered the first time she was physically hurt by Queen Jinwoo,when she was too weak to fight back. Maybe she still was weak to fight back the queen but she knew she had Chanyeol now.
The palace entrance reminded her of the first time she met Chanyeol,as he came with king Hyungsik to the wedding. He looked so beautiful back then too but now he was lot more than just a good looking knight to her. He reminded her of good things, beautiful things like the open ocean which she'd only dreamt about or long walks around the gardens.

"Eun Rim!" Prince Kyungsoo ran towards his sister and hugged her immediately. Eun Rim felt like crying seeing her brother after so long.
"How have you been? I missed you so much"He said.
"I've been fine, brother. I missed you too"she replied.

"Hey,how could you leave me out?"Joo hyuk appeared from the hallway and hugged his sister.
"It's so nice to see you again,Eun. You have no idea how much everyone has missed you! And Chanyeol,I hope you've been well too"

Chanyeol smiled,"Yes,your highness. I've been well, thanks to your sister"
Eun Rim's cheeks turned red on hearing that comment as her brothers tease and laugh at the couple.

"Crown prince! "Suddenly,a guard came running to them, interrupting the reunion.
"What is it?"Joo hyuk asked in a low voice.
"The king...he does not have long"Was the reply.

************************************

Hey guys another update but this one's kinda cliffhanger (?). Idk.
Anyway hope you guys liked it and don't forget to vote and comment.

We're slowly moving towards the end of this story and I can't keep calm!!
It's been a pleasant journey!

XOXO