Chapter 22

Chanyeol's POV

"Why didn't you tell me?!"King Hyungsik slapped the top of his table hard, frustrated.
I cringed at the loud sound.

"It wasn't their fault,your majesty.  It was my idea."Eun Rim spoke.
I sighed. I didn't want her to take all the blame.

King Hyungsik looked at her .
"It's okay, Eun Rim. I understand but next time, don't keep a secret from the king. I have to know what's going on with my family,right?" He said.

I was relieved that he wasn't angry with Eun Rim.
"He knew our plan,your majesty. He must have had spies here. We need to make sure that our plans are confidential." Xiumin added.

"Yes. You all are dismissed for now. I shall see you soon. But Eun Rim,mind if I have a word with you?"he asked.
He took Eun Rim and left us.

I felt a pang of jealousy. She hadn't talked to me since yesterday because she said she wanted to be alone and even today she had ignored me. I don't even know what's going on with her.

After dismissal,the knights went to the sword practicing area .

"Hyung! Let's have dual!" Taehyung said to me, enthusiastically.
"Yah! You have a death wish? You cannot even beat me at sword fighting how will you beat Chanyeol?" Baekhyun teased, earning a punch from Taehyung.

We all laughed.

"Yeol. A word please?" Minseok hyung called me.
I went with him to a small weapons room.

"The King is going to assign work to the princess while we sit here ,doing nothing. I'm sorry if I sound angry but I am a knight and I have to protect my king and queen."he said. His eyes were red and his nostrils flaring. I don't remember the last time I saw his this angry.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

He sighed and placed his palm against his forehead.
"I want you to help me catch the culprit. I am sure that the person doesn't have any spies here. I think that one of the knights is helping him. We'll have to find the knight and then find the main culprit behind this" he said.
I was shocked. Silla's trusted royal knights going against their own king ? I couldn't imagine.
"I don't think so,hyung. We all have known each other for a long time, I don't think anyone would do so" I added.
Minseok shook his head.
"I think I know who it is and trust me, we'll find evidence against him and get him into confessing. Then we'll be the heroes of Silla. The history will remember us as heroes of this land." He said. His lips were shivering as if he

I didn't know what to say . I wanted to help find the culprit but I also couldn't help but want to protect my friend.

"Who is it?" I asked.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. "Sehun"he replied.

*****

I went to sehun's bedroom when no one was around . I wanted to look for evidence and a part of me whished he wasn't the one. But I had to find some proof.

I look around his desk which had  ink pots,papers,books about war and weaponry and a red box.

I opened the box and found a lot of envelopes in it
I didn't want to be evasive but I had to find some proof so I looked through the letters. Most of them were letters from his mother or sometimes his sister. He even had a few love letters but nothing suspicious.

Just then another envelope fell from a larger envelope.
I picked it up and read it.

Dearest Queen Yoona

I felt as if someone had punched his nose.

I assume that you have been trying your best to persuade your husband
I really appreciate your help but if you'd just increase your pace a little bit. We're running out of time.

Also I have a little gift for you tonight at around 7. Come alone to the moon building.
Yours sincerely
Anonymous

I didn't need to read more.
Sehun had been smuggling these letters to Queen Yoona's chambers secretly.

Minseok was right,all this while, Sehun had been helping the main culprit to overthrow his own king,his friend with whom he'd spent his childhood.
I decided that I'd go and see the little gift on the Queen's behalf .
I put the letter in my pockets and left the room.
I only hoped that the next time I saw Sehun,I  would be able to forgive him.

Minseok's POV

My mother had been captured by him. Why? Because he wanted to use me as his puppet. A dangerous puppet,that does all his work without any complain.

I  had been slipping these letters from him to Queen Yoona's chambers and I knew that this would haunt me for the rest of my life.
Treason was something I never intended to do.
I passed him all the private information about the knights and the king .
And what was I about to do next?

I was going to get Chanyeol jailed since the suspicion on someone being a spy had to be removed.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol"I though as I lied to the king that I over heard Chanyeol talking to an anonymous person the night before and that he was the secret spy.
"He's going to put a attack for Queen Yoona in the moon building ,as of what I Know. He called it a surprise.  We need to catch him red handed tonight while he sets up his surprise "

King Hyungsik looked like he might break down.
Betrayal hurts, doesn't it?

Next to him,stood princess Eun Rim who looked horrified.
Imagine the love of your life turning out to be a traitor. Poor girl.

I couldn't wait for tonight.
I may have always been loyal to the king and the country but I hated the knights. They meant nothing to me at all. And now, I've been forced to hurt one of them or else my mother would not see the daylight of tomorrow morning.
I have my priorities straight.

******************************
I hate myself for making Minseok the bad guy but uggh!!
Anyway hope you liked the update.

❤❤❤