Chapter 31

It was as if the three of them had become dumb suddenly.
"What do we do now?" Eun Rim asked.
They hide the old lady's face with a mask similar to the masks worn by the royal ladies.

"I know a secret passage which is only used by the kisaengs to enter this household. I could take you there" The young woman said to Baekhyun.
Baekhyun looked at her fondly and held her hand.

"Take us" he replied.

Following the woman's lead, the three of them enter a small tunnel that opened up at the local market square,which was now empty.

Eun Rim helped the old lady out,then the other three get out of the tunnel too.

"Thank you so much" Baekhyun said to the young , beautiful woman.

She smiled back at him and hugged him.
"The poor woman was suffering a lot. Please take care of her. " She replied.

Baekhyun could feel his heart beat fast and he knew,he had started liking this woman.

"We will. Thanks again" Eun Rim said as they got ready to leave.

Chanyeol and Eun Rim start but the young woman pulled Baekhyun's arm.

"I'm Seulgi,by the way. "She said.
Baekhyun's smile windened

"I'm Baekhyun"he replied.
Seulgi looked at him,fondly and smiled back. She noticed the mole he had on his face and his long hair that was tied in a messy bun. His smile was so sincere,she could barely resist her urge to pinch his cheeks.
She had seen him before too, during royal festivals and in the market ,with his fellow knights. She had always felt inclined towards him even though she'd never met him until now.

"I need a favor" Seulgi started. "I don't know what you're trying to do ,but you seem trustable. So do me a favor and when you succeed in doing whatever you're doing, please let your majesty know about the sex workers in Jongin's house. We're in a horrible condition. Please save us"

A grim expression came over Baekhyun's face.

"Baekhyun, come on!" Chanyeol called him.

"I'll save you,I promise but I need to go now. "Baekhyun said and ran away.

Seulgi sighed as she watched the three of them go away with the old woman she so dearly took care of. She hoped more than anything that she'd be safe now.

She returned back to Jongin's house and then attend all the men there . They touch her,dance with her and sleep on top of her but she didn't feel anything. At night,when she was done with all the people,she went back to her room and lied down on her bed. She looked up at the ceiling and wished Baekhyun were here right now . A part of her knew that she'd be seeing him again,she was sure about it.

On the other hand, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Eun Rim take the old lady to Chanyeol's father's house where she is taken care of,fed and put to sleep comfortably.

"You should get going before any notices your absence. We'll take care of the lady, don't worry" Chanyeol's aunt said to them.

"Yes, we'll be leaving now. See you tomorrow" Chanyeol replied as they left the house.

The three of them reached the palace and Baekhyun went towards his room where as Chanyeol and Eun Rim went to the Queen's quarters,to Eun Rim's room.

"That was scary,I thought Jongin might see us" Eun Rim said as they both get ready to go to bed.

"Indeed. And Baekhyun is totally wipped for that woman " Chanyeol said .
He slipped into the blanket,joined by Eun Rim.

Eun Rim felt his hands wrap around her body as he pulled her close, snuggling his face into her neck.
She felt so safe right now, being cuddled up next to Chanyeol, unlike how she felt a little while ago.
Chanyeol smelt so familiar and so secure.
" She was cute though,I don't blame Baekhyun " Chanyeol teased her, waiting for to get jealous.
He'd never seen her get jealous so it'd be interesting to discover that side of her now.

"Yeah,true." She replied,dully.

"You know ,if I didn't have you I'd catch that girl" he added.
Eun Rim sighed as she felt a flare of jealousy.
"Okay"she said.

Chanyeol chuckled and kissed her cheek.
"You're an idiot. Go to sleep" Eun Rim said, nudging him with her elbow.
"Okay, princess. Goodnight. I love you" he said and tightened his grip around her.

"Love you too, Chanyeol" she said as they both slipped into a deep slumber.

Then,in Minseok's room,the scenario was rather peculiar.
As he got into bed and placed his head on his pillow,he heard the ruffling of paper beneath it.

He got up and lifted his pillow,only to find a letter hidden there.

Dear Minseok

It has been a time since we've been waiting for your king to give up his throne but turned out he's not planning on doing anything about it any time soon.
So we decided to tell this to you directly; if you cannot make the king give up his throne by tomorrow, we'll kill your mother and attack the palace.

We'll be waiting

Jongin

And then Minseok realized,he was doomed.

*********************************

Another update with our dear Seulgi 💕
Hope you guys liked it

XOXO