Chapter 11

As evening came, Chanyeol had made a cup of tea for the princess,who had fallen asleep on his bed in the morning.
He placed the cup on the table beside the bed and sat on the bed, gazing at the princess.
Her nose was sharp and she had raised cheek bones,making her look even more beautiful. Her long black hair covered a little of her face but Chanyeol was quick to remove it.
He could have just stayed there and adored her but he came to his senses and tried waking her up.

"Princess Eun rim,wake up now. It's evening already. "He said , softly.
She tossed a little but woke up soon.

"For how long did I sleep?" She sat up.
" Not for long...I didn't count honestly" he smiled and passed her the cup of tea.

Eun Rim accepted the cup with a small smile.
"Is my brother fine? Or is he..." She asked.
Chanyeol could see the uncertainty in her eyes.
"He's completely fine. You don't have to worry about anything. In fact,he wants to see you." Chanyeol said.

She finished her cup of tea quickly and both of them made their way to meet the prince.

As Soon as they reached his palace, Chanyeol bid her goodbye.

Eun Rim walked with slow steps towards her brother's bedroom, still wondering if the Queen would be there.
Thankfully,when she entered the room,she wasn't there.
Crown Prince Joo hyuk was lying on the bed , staring at the ceiling but when he heard the room's door open,he immediately sat up.

"Brother" Eun Rim managed to say with tears in her eyes.
He smiled back in return . " I was waiting for you,pabo-ya"
She rushed towards him and wrapped her arms around him,as if she was ready to take on any attacker who hurts her brother.

They both stay silent for a few minutes before Joo hyuk decided to break the silence.
"Yoona Noona told me what had happened while I was unconscious. I'm sorry for the way my mother has always treated you. I really am. You don't deserve this. "He said.
Eun Rim sighed.

"It's okay. I think it is not wrong ,how she treats me."she replied, pressing her hand to her face. "I am not pure royal blood"

"That doesn't give her a reason to hate you,Eun Rim. You're our family. And we love you. The king loves you,our siblings love you and that should be enough for you. "He tried to justify what he said.
Defeated,Eun Rim can only nod in response.

"Who had attacked you ,brother? Do you remember? We have to catch him ,you know."she adds,a little later.
"I didn't see his face. But don't worry,father is trying his best to find the attacker. You please don't burn yourself for the attack. Remember,our sister is getting married and I do not want everyone's attention to come to me. Okay? It's Yoona's wedding and she has to feel special."he said as a response.

It always amazes her how brave and witty and kind hearted the Crown Prince was. Somewhere deep down,she wished these qualities were in her too.
"But you must remember something about him. Maybe..."she tried making him remember.
She was not going to let the attacker of her brother run away so easily.

"Yes. I do remember something." He sighed. " I told the same thing to father as well. I remember that the person who attacked me was wearing a mask but he had an eyebrow piercing. A golden color ring ,shaped like a snake. "
The image had already formed in her mind and now she was determined to catch the attacker.

...........

The siblings spent a little more time talking before Eun Rim bids goodbye to him and makes her way to her quarters.
"Goodbye, brother. Take care. I will visit you again soon."she said, closing the door.
"I will look forward to it" he replied, politely.

As she made her way back to her quarters,she felt a soft,warm feeling . And she couldn't help but smile.

She was happy that her brother was now okay.

Chanyeol had saved her today. And moreover,she even slept over in his room. This made her feel like some teenage girl ,crazyily infatuated.
She also makes sure to ask for his help to find her brother's attacker.

Smiling,she ran to her room and jumped on her bed.

"Why am I feeling this way?" She looked at the ceiling and said, giggling. Now ,THIS was new.

Just then,she spotted a brown bag on top of her table. She sat up and opened it,finding a beautiful white hangbok .
There was also a small note attached to the bag.

Dear Princess Eun Rim,
Hope you have been doing well. Thank you for meeting me last night,I liked the wedding celebrations a lot. Especially, because of your company.

In order to properly thank you,I would like to invite you to our house for lunch tomorrow afternoon.
My mother has prepared a lot for you so I wouldn't mind if you bring a friend along too.

See you soon.

Love,
Kim Junmyeon.

Uh-oh. She had almost forgotten about him.

*************************

New update!! How have you been guys?

My exam results will be out tomorrow so wish me luck and hopefully I'll be updating more chapters soon.

Lemme know how you're finding the story till now in the comments.
XOXO