Chapter 23

Eun Rim's POV

It was night time already ,and I didn't realize when the sun went down and the moon rose.I've been crying since my meeting with the king and knight minseok. No matter how much I tried,the tears fought their way back into my eyes and then down my face.I wanted to believe Chanyeol and trust him but why would knight Minseok lie to us?

The whole day,there was no news of the Queen receiving any letters. So I assumed Chanyeol may have got  suspicious of his acts being revealed to us. Or maybe he was waiting till tomorrow. I wish there was even a single thing I could hold on to and trust him,but there isn't. There never will be.

Chanyeol....
That name was like music to my ears.It made me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on Earth. Made me feel important and safe.
But not anymore.
What he did was beyond forgiveable and not under any circumstances was I going to talk to him ever again.

I didn't wanna feel anything for him anymore.

But a part of me also wanted to make sure we were right about him. I wanted to hold on to that last streak of hope.

I stood up and made my way out of the room, to get some air.
I walked through the silent corridors, deeply thinking about Chanyeol.

Just then,from one of the windows,I saw Chanyeol outside the moon building , looking around to see if there was anyone.
This could only mean one thing.
My blood started boiling.
He WAS planning an attack on her after all.

I rushed outside and ran towards the building.
The moon building was just opposite the Queen's so it must have been in his mind already. His plan.

I held my tears in as I entered the building, silently. I tip toed through the main hallway and looked for Chanyeol. Soon I saw him enter into the weapons room.....with a knife in his hand.
It's like the whole world was trying to tell me that he was at fault but my feelings were deceiving me.
I felt my heart race as tears streamed down my face and I shivered.

I entered the weapons room ,and saw Chanyeol looking through the stuff.
He looked confused and sick,like he'd just thrown up somewhere.

"Yeol" I breathed.

" Princess!" He looked at me,shocked.

"Why are you crying?"he asked.
He came towards me,as if to touch me but I backed up.
"You're the one helping him, aren't you? " I barely could speak.

He scowled.

"What are you talking about? I am NOT that. I came here after ...."he drifted off as I slapped him right across his cheek.

My hang stung and I started sobbing.

"I thought that being the king's knight you'd at least be loyal! You are a traitor! How could you....." I sobbed."I loved you"I yelled through gritted teeth.

He held his hand up to his cheek ,his eyes looked hurt.

"I am not-" just then the door opened and the King rushed in ,along with his soldiers and Knight Minseok.

"Are you okay, Eun Rim?"he asked , coming towards me.
I was confused. How'd he know I was here? I had not told anyone that I went for a walk.
"I am okay..."I replied.
He stood in front of me .

"You DARE hurt the princess. I'll kill you with my bare hands, traitor!"the king shouted.

Chanyeol looked like he was going to pass out any time now.
Why'd he look so betrayed if he was guilty? Is there something I was missing out?

"Search him!"Minseok ordered.
The guards looked through his pockets and belt ,and found a letter.
It was carefully tuck inside his sleeve.

And it was addressed to Queen Yoona.

At that moment,I lost all faith in him. Minseok was right and I had forever lost someone I held so dear.
I wish I had never got to know him,never watched those fireworks together,never taken him to Junmyeon.
The guards took away Chanyeol's knife and held him captive.

"I didn't do it,your majesty. Hyung,tell him what you think of Sehun!tell them the letter is not mine! " Chanyeol said.
Minseok chuckled.
" You really think our Sehun would be a traitor? You are the one who is the traitor,not him. Don't put your blame on him! Thank God I informed the king at the right time about the Princess coming here and you too. " Minseok said.

Oh god. Had he been keeping an eye on me?But why?

"Princess, believe me,I wouldn't do it" he said to me.
His earnest eyes pierced through
mine. And he looked upset. Like he wasn't actually the one at fault.
I didn't say anything.
I hated him.And I was angry. Extremely angry!
I looked away from him, crying.
If I looked at him one more time,I might give in to his fake innocent act.

You love him. A part of conscience said but I ignored it. Not anymore.

The guards took him away while the king took me to my quarters.

After that,I got into bed and yet again cried till my body got tired and I couldn't stay awake anymore.

**********************************

Hey readers!
Another update . I hope you guys like it❤ 
Please comment,share and vote for my story.
And also this book finally reached 1k read!! Yehet!!!!

Thanks guys for all the love.

XOXO