Chapter 18

Princess Eun Rim woke up early next morning, only to find that Chanyeol had left without telling her. She was a little upset but then she found herself still smelling like him and her cheeks turned red as the memories of last night came back,as if it were a dream.

She wore a gown and stood up. Eun Rim took a bath and wore fresh new clothes;a top and pants
She tied her hair in a bun.

When she reentered her bedroom,she found two maids there,along with Seung Wan and Joohyun.
"What are you two doing here?"she questioned.

She saw the two maids packing clothes,and other necessary items of hers.

Seung Wan smiled .
"Your majesty has requested us to help you pack as you'd be leaving along with Princess Yoona tomorrow"

"Wow. That's very thoughtful of my father"she chuckled, sitting at the edge of her table.

"You guys aren't mad at me for not telling you about it?" She asked her best friends.

They smiled at her.
"We know what Happened with Junmyeon last night and we totally understand why you didn't get time to tell us"Joohyun said.

Last night's incident replayed in her mind and she was quick to dismiss those thoughts. She hated remembering every detail of it.

"Thanks guys. I'll miss you two a lot but I'll be back soon okay?"Eun Rim hugged them both tightly.

In the afternoon,she also got to meet her father who gifted her with Jewelry and perfume.
"What's that for?"she enquired.

"I want you to be happy there,away from the cruelty of my Queens. These are just small gifts I wanted you to have" he said.
"Thank you,father. I'll use them well " she replied,a little teary eyed.
This was the first time she's leaving her father and living in another kingdom. Though her father and she barely met once in a while, they loved each other dearly .

The king held her hand and patted her cheek.
"You're as beautiful as your mother was. "He commented.
For Eun Rim,there was no better compliment he could have given.

******************

"Take care of yourself . Eat a lot and get enough sleep. Keep practicing your sword skills. If you ever need anything,let me know." Prince Joo hyuk told Eun Rim over tea that evening.
"Also,do take care of your sister . It'll be all new for her. She's the queen of Silla so things won't be as easy as it were here. Be her support. " Prince Kyungsoo added.
Eun Rim sighed.

"I'll do my duties properly, okay? Don't worry. I won't let you down"she replied and stood up to leave.
"I'll see you tomorrow morning . Goodnight"

Prince Joo hyuk gave her a side hug and Prince Kyungsoo kissed her forehead.
"Be safe. Although I know Chanyeol will be there to protect you"her brothers teased as she left the main palace with red cheeks.

She reached her quarters and quickly entered her room.

She changed her clothes and was about to get into bed when she found a note under her pillow.

Dearest Princess,

I am disheartened that we didn't get to meet today because of the king's duties I've had but I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I miss you so much.

-Yeol.

That night,she fell asleep with thoughts of Chanyeol circling her mind  and the excitement of spending more time  with him tomorrow onwards.