shawn came into the bathroom while i was fixing my bun and wrapped his hands around me, "you ready to go?"

"yeah," i said while smiling.

shawn led me out of the bathroom after he turned off the light, "by the way, your friends are meeting us there,"

"okay," i said.

we walked into the living room and saw all of the adults with plates in their hands, getting some leftovers from yesterday. everyone turned and looked at shawn and i.

"good morning!" i yelled to everyone while putting my hands up.

"where do you think you're going?" my mom asked after she put down her plate and crossed her arms.

"well," i said while grabbing shawn's hand and walking towards the group that consisted of my cousins and aaliyah, "we're all going to get breakfast,"

"you know, madrina {godmother}, to spend some time together before we leave," judith, her goddaughter, said to back me up since she knew what would happen next.

my mom pointed towards the food on the table, "pero aquí hay recalentado para todos, {but there's enough leftovers for everyone,}"

shawn looked at me with a confused expression, "is this the part where we run?"

"yep," all of my cousins said before we bolted out of the house.

arriving at parking lot of breakfast dinner-

once we all managed to get there, we were greeted by hugs from my friends.

"oh my god, where did the time go?" jocelin, alyssa, and nessa said while hugging us, "it's been forever!"

"but we all ran into each other while shopping last night," shawn said, laughing.

all of the guys laughed, "literally!"

i tilted my head, "you know what?"

all of the guys went serious, "what, gutierrez?"

"y'all can eat alone," i said before i grabbed all of the girls and left the guys in the parking lot.

as we were walking away, we were all lifted by someone different.

shawn threw me over his shoulder and wrapped his arms around my lower waist. i couldn't stop laughing.

"put me down, mendes!" i playfully yelled.

i could imagine the smirk on his face, "not until you stop being stubborn,"

i elevated my upper body and looked down to face him, "but that's never happening,"

he put me down but still had his hands around my waist, "well-"

he was interrupted by everyone clearing their throats.

micheal put on a fake serious face, "are you guys coming, or are you going to stay here and-"

aaliyah slapped the back of his head, "don't finish that sentence,"

"thanks, aaliyah," i said while i grabbed shawn's hand and walked towards the group.

"for controlling your boy friend," i whispered with an emphasis on boy and friend, after shawn let go of my hand and ran to get the door.

ever since the halloween party, micheal and aaliyah have been growing closer, and i wasn't the only one to notice.

"she's blushing," jocelin loudly whispered.

"who's blushing?" shawn asked cluelessly.

everyone decided to turn this back on me, so they all yelled, "cassie!"