66.

Zayn held Gina's hand as he watched Kerem prepare to take part in the showcase for the male gymnasts. He had seen enough from their interactions to know that there was something there. Though he couldn't dare to ask her, he was paying attention to every single interaction and mention from the gymnasts. 

"Are you sure you okay?"

"Positive. I am okay Zayn," she smiled then kissed his cheek. Kerem glared from across the room at them, his face looking calm, but his entire form looked tense. Sasha seemed to notice this, and kept his eyes on him as he moved around.

"If you say so," Zayn replied as he pulled her closer, angering Kerem. The gymnast tried to focus on completing his routine right after that, but he made some mistakes and his coach pointed it out. Sasha looked at Kerem who nodded and looked away. He then turned to the two lovebirds who were discussing something with Mrs. Keeler.

Soon, it was time for the girls. Payson led them to the benches and started her routine. Gina was excited and cheered from her seat. Emily chuckled and this earned a nod from Sasha. She had gotten much better with her nerves, and so having her perform right after her close friend Payson was actually beneficial for her.

Then all the other girls had their turn to go. For most of this, Zayn watched as he held Gina's hand. Kerem glowered at them from the distance, angry at the young woman who was once his ex. Clearly, she was too focused living her life to care about what he felt, he mused.

After the presentations, Sasha called the gymnasts aside and talked to them. He then asked Kerem to stay back for a moment. The girls quickly rushed over to talk to their trainer Gina, while also taking that opportunity to listen to Zayn and swoon over his British accent.

Henna noted how uncomfortable her sister was when Lauren asked about Kerem. She knew something was up, so she instead asked Zayn how he found his new school. From then on, everyone was enraptured as he told blow by blow account about doing acapella and dance. Even Lauren who had previously tried to make Gina uncomfortable, was swayed by his charm.

Henna concluded that Zayn was very instrumental in keeping his girlfriend safe. She resolved to use him more often to do that. Later that day, the two families had a joint meal at the house. Gina looked relieved to see everyone and she hugged the visitors, settling for a warm smile towards Zayn's father, since he was a practicing Muslim.

The mothers got busy making lunch while the younger children and the fathers watched television. The older children ran between rooms to help set the table and help with meal preparation. Gina and Zayn chopped and diced as their mothers smiled fondly at them. Henna sat beside her dad and rested her feet, seeing no point of being in the kitchen anymore.

After an hour or so, the food was served and everyone was invited to have a seat. They said a quick prayer before digging into the delicious spread in front of them. Later, Zayn found Gina and sat beside her. She was watching the clear sky, trying to find a few stars that were only visible in the winter.

"Did you find The Plough?"

"I am not entirely sure..." she mused before turning to Zayn. "I am glad that I found you though."

"No, you mean that I found you," he corrected, going to sit beside her. He tapped his hand on his shoulder and she laid her head on it, sighing happily at the comfort she could only get from her best friend's body. "What has you up here by yourself, and thinking hard?"

"I am musing about life."

"What about?"

Gina sighed. "I just realised that before you came, I was afraid to take risks."

Zayn was quiet for a while before speaking. "You are the bravest girl I have ever known. That can't quite be right."

Gina sighed, making Zayn wrap his arms around her. "When I got older, I realised that I acquired this fear from what I experienced." Zayn hummed, letting her know he was still listening. "Kerem and I have a past... and it isn't the usual 'we were together then we broke up' kind... Kerem and I... we...we... we had a child together."

Zayn stopped breathing temporarily from the shock. He froze, not knowing how to react about this news. Did she mean what he thought she meant-

"Kerem and I had a child together and Husseina knows."