26.

Gina couldn't believe she was considering doing what Miss. King had begged her to do.

"You can still pull out..." Dallas suggested. "We thought you could do it but... if you feel like you can't... it's okay to pull out. I know how bad the past can be on people."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Niall asked.

Gina took a deep breath in. "It's now or never. You only live once. Right?"

"YOLO!" Louis yelled. Gina shook her head before turning back to Miss. King once again. "I'm doing this on condition that you're there to guide me the entire time."

"I'll be there," she replied. She took her into a warm embrace. "I am so proud of you for taking this step of faith. Thank you."

Gina's amber eyes stared at Miss. King through her green contact lenses. "It won't be easy. It has been years since I did any singing in public. I am scared."

"Don't be," Niall said while smiling. He took her hand while Louis kissed her other one. "We'll be here the entire time. Yeah?"

She nodded. "I look forward to that. And I am going to hold you to it."

*&*&*&*&

The school was staring at her when she started singing. They couldn't see her till she stepped up to harmonize with Zayn.

She was afraid, scared even. Despite that, she was thrilled at the positive feedback she was getting. Zayn was standing much closer than he had ever been, holding her hand. She could see Niall's idiotic grin. Tori looked excited and even waved.

Then she looked in the direction of their table and saw her friends staring. Hussein looked happy but Fiona... she was angry. She even looked vengeful.

Once the invite was over and done with, she pulled away from Zayn and ran to Fiona.

"Fee! Hey Fee!" The girl ignored Gina, getting up and walking away from the cafeteria. "Fiona! Fiona! WAIT UP!"

She watched her best friend walk off angrily, so she turned to her other best friend who also looked upset.

"Hussein..."

"I don't want to talk to you anymore either."

"But..."

"You never told us. Yet we are your best friends. You didn't even tell us you were planning to surprise us. Wow. Some friend you are."

Gina sighed, watching him gather his stuff to leave. "Wait, you are actually leaving?"

"Why should I stay?"

Then, grabbing his tray, he got up and left. She remained staring after his disappearing back.

Damn it!