34.

Lady in red,
Is dancing with me...

Joe swore that she was not human as he stared at her walk out of the house. It was the day of the Charity Ball, and he felt blessed to have her attention for even a night.

"Thank you for the dress Joe," she smiled at him. "And for bringing me with you. Thank you."

"Don't start thanking me before the night ends."

Ximena and her husband Eckert stared at their daughter leaving with Joe in a limo. She was proud of her baby. Henna was Kevin's date, and she knew that they'd watch each other now. As Fiona had guessed, Demi was Nick's date.

For some reason, Eckert was not feeling it. He didn't understand why, but he just didn't. His daughters were both going out with celebrities. What if something happened?

"Calm down," Ximena had told him once she found out Henna was also going. "She'll be fine. She's been friends with the Jonases for a year now. Henna has been friends with them for three now. They'll be fine."

So they stood watching the girls leave and he went down to the front porch to wait for their return.

*&*&*&*&

Henna turned out to be more popular than her date, if not the band itself. Gina, once again, was her sister's shadow. Not that she minded. She was too busy watching Henna in her natural habitat.

"How does she know all these people?" Kevin asked as he looked from one interviewee to the other.

"She's a model, fitness guru, and celebrity judge," Nick teased. "What do you think?"

"That you should stop drooling," Demi teased and pretended to wipe his drool off. "You are such a dude, it's disgusting."

Nick shook his head and headed to a seat. The food table looked delicious and Gina looked longingly at the spread. Joe smiled at that and guided her to dance.

"I finally get to dance with you."

"Glad you like it," she replied.

"No one can challenge me on your hand tonight."

She shook her head, her straightened hair that fell till the middle of her back moved too, fascinating both of Joe's brothers.

"Everyone is looking at us Joe," she said quietly. "Can we go sit down?"

"No can do sis," Henna teased as she pulled Kevin to the floor to dance. She winked at Gina who rolled her eyes.

It wasn't long before they were asked to sit through an auction and the Jonas Brothers and a few other celebrities got auctioned after which they were shown into the ballroom and people began to dance, eat and socialize. Demi and Nick did some nice samba dancing which required Demi to take off her shoes. Taylor Swift and Joe were smiling at each other before he almost dropped a very unhappy Gina who was trying to win a dance off with Henna.

"Just go talk to her then," she told Joe who was only too glad to go. She shook her head before seeing that Henna actually wanted a Bhangra danceoff. She shook her head cursing their Indian relatives.

"Too scared to dance lil sis?" She joked as she danced. "Because you never really listened when Priyanka's best friend was around."

"You should be more worried because I actually spent an entire year in Chandagar. And I spent the entire year dancing."

"Well, I've been in Mumbai every year since I turned fourteen."

"Can't you just dance already?" A young Korean asked. "You both look very hot and it's unsettling us."

"Heads or tails?" Gina asked.

"Tails, I like tails."

They tossed a coin and Henna won, so she went first. The DJ immediately started the battle. Henna went first and did her dance, before Gina took over.

The crowd went mad as the two sisters danced across the floor, even attracting the attention of the organizers who wanted to know why there was a crazy riot on the dancefloor.

"You do know that this will cause a huge spectacle, right?" Gina, being more responsible, asked her sister as she wiped her brow.

"Yes. Meaning more publicity, more fame." Henna, with her crazed smile, tossed her hair to the side and smiled at the DJ. "Turn it up! The tie-breaker!"

"Sadly, we can't let that happen," they heard, and both sisters turned to see the owner of the charity standing off to the side looking angry. "Not at my event."

"Sir, it is for a good cause, and this is what tonight is about." The Korean said as he smiled. He looked away from the event organizer and into Gina's eyes.

"Yes, it is."

"Sir, honestly speaking, this is a ballroom. Of course there will be a danceoff. It'll be good publicity for the charity. Come on sir, please?" Kevin begged.

The gentleman sighed, looking conflicted before he gave the go-ahead. The crowd cheered as the cameras went ahead to record the dance-off. The tie-breaker was chosen and it started playing. Henna went first and danced her heart out. Gina waited for her turn and put her all into a routine she'd even forgotten how to do. She found her body doing it and she let her mind and heart be one with it. She was flawless, and earned even more cheers than Henna who giggled.

As it was a Bhangra sisters' danceoff, both girls ended it by dancing together to one of their all time favourites, "dil tu pagal hai" and the rest of the crowd joined in. Some were good dancers, while some were downright awful, but at that moment, no one cared. They were all together, doing something for charity.

*&*&*&*&

"You were amazing tonight," Joe told Gina who rolled her eyes.

"Some date you were," she said.

"Some date you were," Joe agreed before taking her hand and kissing it. She noticed a lipstick stain and started to tease him about it.

Kevin and Henna were making out, and Demi was wearing headphones to block them out. Nick was scrolling through his photo gallery.

"What's that?" Demi asked as she watched him stare at something for too long.

"Nothing," he said, hiding the photo.

"Was that a girl's photo?"

Nick adamantly refused to let her see it. He even slid his phone into his pants. Demi made a face and decided that she liked her phone and music way more.

After dropping off all their dates, the three of them arrived home a few minutes later. Nick went up to his room and shut the door before taking out his phone.

Then he stared at her, while wearing a smile on his face. "I'm gonna get you baby," he whispered. "I'm gonna get you."

Then he typed a 'thank you' to Demi who replied that he had every right to go after what his heart wanted.

To Demi
She'll be mine.

From Demi
TMI. Good night. Keep me posted.

To Demi
Most definitely!  :) thanks again.

From Demi
Sleep Nick. Busy day tomorrow.