19.

You light me up inside,
Like the fourth of July.
Whenever you're around, I always seem to smile.

Husseina nodded her head at how her mascara looked. She looked perfect. She smiled.

"Zayn will love this," she said with a smile. "He loves me in make-up."

She had her breakfast with a smile. She was unusually happy. Zayn had been ignoring Gina and had started hanging out again with her and Hussein.

"You seem awfully happy sis. Why?"

She giggled. "Nothing really. Let's go before we get late."

When they got to school, she spotted Gina looking glum. Her wild, untamed bush sat unmanaged on her head. She was closing her locker when she saw Zayn. Her eyes widened and she stuck her head back into her locker as he passed by talking on his phone. Once he was gone, she shut her locker and turned to go, only then meeting Husseina's stare.

Husseina grinned at her, making Gina groan. She shoved her glasses back up her nose and stomped to homeroom. Husseina grinned.

She loved this new Gina very much.

Too much maybe.

*&*&*&*&

After praying Asr, she spotted Zayn walking to the room Acapella Club met in. She decided to go watch. Who knew? He might be in a good mood...

Pushing the door open, she walked in quietly. She spotted Tasha and Niall making out in a corner.

Ugh... they should get married already!

Finding a clean seat, she put her bag down and stared ahead, waiting for the rehearsals to start. She watched Siva warming up and smiled at him when he caught her looking. He smiled back shyly and went on warming his vocals.

So, Siva ditched Basketball for Acapella... interesting!

She spotted Sam Tsui working with Kurt and a pretty girl whose name she didn't know, but who she had seen performing a number of times. She also spotted one of the Jonas Brothers checking her out. What was his name... Joel... or was it Adam?

What's with me and names?

Pretty soon, Niall got up and they all started to get in line. She spotted a number of girls in the club. There was Dallas Lovato, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Carly Shay who was Fiona's cousin, Tori Vega, Jade West, Ariana Grande,Sabrina Carpenter, Bea Miller and Noah Cyrus.

Weird how I know all those other girls but not that girl Sam was talking to.

Throughout practice, she waited to catch Zayn's eye but he was too busy singing at the top of his voice. He looked happy. She felt happy watching him. Content even.

At the end of the rehearsals, she noticed Bea, Ariana, Sabrina and Noah looking disgruntled. Then she saw them having a confrontation with Dallas who looked upset.

"Girls, stop pushing! You know the Acapella Club is unisex... Sabrina, stop what... we are a united front... if that's your final decision, then fine! LEAVE!"

Husseina watched in surprise as the quartet walked out angrily. She had a feeling that this was going to mess up the showcase they would put up with the Dance club later in the term.

Maybe it is a good thing, now that Gina's a dancer...

"Who are you?" She suddenly heard someone ask. She turned to see Dallas looking at her. The anger was still on her face.

"I'm Husseina."

"What are you doing here? Aren't you one of those Journalism kids...?"

"Umm... yeah. But I was here for an entirely different reason."

"Really, all journalists say that. I can imagine this on the news: 'Quartet Quits Queer Capella Club.' You journalists have a flair for alliteration."

Husseina felt a little sad for Dallas. "Is there a way I can help?"

"Right now, anything you give me is helpful."

"Do you have members who you bench?"

Dallas stared at her for over a second. "Does this look like a freaking soccer team?"

Husseina secretly gritted her teeth. "Sadly, no. However, there must be some people who know the medley you are doing and can carry a tune, don't you think?"

"Apart from you, no one." Dallas looked thoughtful for a while before her eyes lit up. "but... the Dance Club! Thank you Husseina!"

"You are welcome!" She smiled. As Dallas left, she couldn't help grinning to herself. Oh Gina, you are so dead.

*&*&*&*&

"Gather around my faithful dancers," Miss. King said at the end of practice the next day. The club had worked with Acapella Club and Gina had immediately noticed that some members were missing.

"Apparently, the Acapella Club has a problem with it's singers. Some of the members quit and the current members need background vocals."

"And...?" Meghan, one of the dancers posed.

"And they need us to sing backup."

The dancers went quiet. Gina, for one, was too silent. She was seated on the floor, trying to shrink into an even smaller size than she could.

"We can't do that!"

"We have to," André spoke up. He was Tori's friend and knew beforehand that they would need help. "Right now we are working together to make this showcase a success. We are partners. I volunteer myself to help Miss. King."

Gina made herself even smaller. She could feel Zayn's eyes boring into her as she tried to be invisible. Eleanor and Danielle and Camilla stepped up too. Gina exchanged looks with André as Mahone and Joe gave themselves over to the singing side.

"Anyone else?"

Gina avoided eye contact. Her heart was beating too fast. She had to get out of there as soon as she could!

"Okay, you don't have to do it today. Latest is Friday. Yeah?"

With that, she dismissed them, and took the volunteers to meet with the Acapella club. Gina dashed out as soon as she could, instead making her way to the changing room and getting into the shower.

*&*&*&*&

Texting thread between Husseina and Sabrina.

To Sabrina
How did it go?

From Sabrina.
Gina didn't volunteer herself. Why?

To Sabrina.
She needs time?

From Sabrina.
If you don't get her to step up, you do know what will happen, yeah?

To Sabrina.
Don't worry. She'll come clean. Your Girl Group will happen.

From Sabrina.
It had better. Or else we take you down with us.