3.

Zayn was waiting outside school at the end of the day to get a glimpse of Gina when Husseina and her brother came over. He was instantly attracted to the sibling of his best friend. It had always been that way, and she had always acted so aloof. Right now, her brown eyes were staring at his hazel ones but that was the most she ever did.

There was a time he loved her so much, he asked his parents for their approval to ask for her hand in marriage. Hussein was happy about his best friend being serious, but his sister... she ignored him. It was something he came to term 'a Husseina.'

As thus, he had decided to focus his attentions elsewhere. Husseina had refused him before, so he didn't expect her to be warm towards him.

"Hello Zayn."

"Waaleikum salaam Husseina," he acknowledged. She blushed slightly before looking down and turning to walk away. Hussein was talking and walking with Fiona, so he was left to his own devices with Husseina.

"Are you excited to be here?"

Zayn shrugged his shoulders. "Eh. I don't really know... but... yeah. I like it here."

As they turned to go, he saw a familiar figure walk down the stairs. Her head was down, her eyes downcast. She looked around worriedly before hurrying into the school bus that was waiting for her. She then sat down just as the bus started to move. Zayn couldn't get his eyes off her. He was unable to stop staring at her, and he didn't know why.

"Zayn... are you okay?" Husseina asked, making both Fiona and Hussein turn to look his way.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'm okay." He caught Fiona staring at him curiously. She didn't look away when their eyes met. She just kept staring, effectively creeping Zayn out. Then, she smiled and looked away.

*&*&*&*&

Gina didn't like Max. She used to like him, but that time was long gone. She despised him, and he knew it. It hadn't been long since they broke up, perhaps six or so months.

Max had been the sweetest guy she had ever met, or at least that was what she thought. He was a twisted and insecure idiot, she ultimately learnt. He pretended to be who he wasn't to pull her in. Once she was in his life, all he did was one jerk move after another. Eventually, she couldn't stand his flirtation with other girls, or how he never listened to her and treated her dismally, so she broke up with him.

She was such a lady, she went to his house and told him she couldn't see him anymore. He was having a house party, so she took him to the back lawn and told him what she had on her mind. Then she turned around and walked away, leaving Max a shocked mess. Never had he been dumped. He always did the dumping.

She refused to get back with him, preferring to hide right under his nose. He could embarrass her just to satisfy his own anger at how the tables turned. She didn't even know why she looked back at him when he let out that noise.

It was something he always did.

So now she was walking to her front door. She looked up to see Max seated at her doorstep.

"Hello Gia," he said, getting up and moving to her so quickly she almost had whiplash. He stood right infront of her, looking oppressive. She looked at him before trying to sidestep him. "No can do honey," he said, making her gasp when he slipped an arm around her waist. She stiffened as he pulled her towards her house.

She rolled her eyes. "Go away Max."

"But I just got here."

"You wasted your time coming here, so, please, leave me alone in peace. I have homework to do."

"Still nerdy, aren't we?"

Gina shook him off and started for her front door. "Go away Max, and never come back here again."

"We still need to talk. I refuse to be dumped."

"I am no longer your girlfriend. Go away."

"I'll be back Gia mi amore," he teased, walking to her and giving her a kiss a little too close to her mouth for comfort. He walked away, leaving her standing there, her face displaying shock. When she eventually shook it off, she stomped her way up the stairs and into her house.