20.

They'll never know.

Gina pulled the door of her locker shut just as Fiona ran to her.

"Gina, are you going to sing?!"

Her friend covered her mouth and grabbed her. They ran into a broom closet and Gina shut the door before speaking.

"No."

"WHY?! YOU HAVE SUCH A NICE VOICE!"

Gina sighed. "My past... I can't stand in front of people and sing. It'd be too much for me. Plus... Zayn would recognize me..."

Fiona looked at her friend sadly. "I know. I asked because someone has signed you up to sing!"

"What?!" Gina stared at Fiona angrily. "WHO DID IT?!"

"I don't know... honestly. I don't know..."

*&*&*&*&

Gina spent her day angry at the world. By rehearsal time, she still looked so angry...

"The people who are going to work with Acapella Club, please come with me."

Gina went on stretching as Miss. King counted the people on the list and the ones in front of her. "You too," she called to her best dancer.

"I don't want to," Gina spoke quietly, looking at Miss. King's blue shoes.

"But you signed up!" She spoke out a little louder than she had intended.

"I did not do it."

"Then who did?" She asked.

"I don't know ma'am."

"Anyway, just come along," Miss. King tried to persuade her. She expected Gina to give in and join the group, but her star dancer clearly had other ideas. She grabbed her bag and walked out of practice.

More like stormed out.

Zayn, who was watching from a corner, wanted to follow her, but stopped himself. Maybe she needed time to herself to feel much better, and relax.

Sighing, he decided he'd talk to her after rehearsals.

He found her near the pool when he walked out of rehearsals an hour later. The swimmers were done for the day, so he made his way past them carefully, and over to her.

"Lay it on me," he spoke softly after he slid into the small space next to her.

"What?"

"You love dancing. You'd never walk out of practice unless your butt was on fire. Now, lay it on me."

"What? My butt?"

Despite her anger, her wit was still on point. "If it is, then, yeah, lay it on me. I'll receive it gladly!"

She shot him a look, before pushing him to the side. He laughed, steadying himself all too soon.

"You should have fallen into the water," she glared.

"Well, I didn't."

"I'm not dealing with your butt today."

"Why?"

"Because I'm angry and I don't have the patience to deal with you."

Zayn grinned. So she was being moody. That was good. He hoped he could convince her to talk.

"I'm already here, I am all ears."

"What are you? A shrink?"

"Something like that. Anyway, talk to me. I want to know the truth."

"I don't wanna talk about it, okay? So get your butt out of here and leave me the hell alone!"

"Wow... today you're into butts, aren't you? Are you fishing for a compliment from me?"

She groaned and shoved him into the water. Zayn fell in and surfaced yelling that he couldn't swim. "I am drowning! HELP!"

"Give me your hand!" She called, afraid of being responsible for his drowning. He reached out and she grabbed it, only for her to tumble into the water while Zayn burst into hysterics.

She couldn't help bursting into laughter. She'd fallen for his trick. However, that wasn't the only thing she hadn't fallen for.

She was falling in love all over again and she didn't even have a clue.