25.

Its my life,
it's now or never
We ain't gonna live forever...

It was a cool New York evening when Gina set up the music system and her microphone in the studio her parents had set up for her years ago. It was soundproof.

That was why no one had discovered her hidden talent. No one apart from the Maliks. They knew before 'her incident.'

She felt guilty for talking to Miss. King the way she had, and was preparing a cover to apologize.

Here I am,
Feels like the walls are closing in.
Once again, it's time to face it and be strong.

She raised her voice, while reminding herself to breathe in and relax.

I gotta do the right thing now.
I know it's up to me somehow.
I've lost my way.

She went on singing as her phone recorded every word she sang out. Once she was done, she turned off the recorder and walked back to her room.

To Fiona
Wish me luck with Miss. King tomorrow Fina.

From Fiona
You do know that my name is Fiona, right?

From Fiona
But I love you, so, good luck!

*&*&*&*&

"Miss. King, hello. I am so sorry for making that ridiculous request last week. I had my reasons though."

"And what are they?"

"Could you please listen to this song first? Please?"

Gina turned on the audio file and sang along to it quite happily.

If I could take it all back I would now,
I never meant to let you all down.
Now I've got to try,
And turn it all around.
Figure out how to make,
I know there's a way so I promise...

By the time she was done, Miss. King was speechless. When she finally spoke again after around ten minutes, she was still in a state of shock.

"You can SING?! How long have you been able to do this? And have you noticed there are clubs you can join? Why ruin your life by becoming a dancer?"

"It was the only thing I was good at. I love dancing and singing. I can be in two clubs if I want, but... I love dancing more."

She nodded her head. "But... if you can sing this well... the Acapella Club..."

"No!" Gina instantly replied. "I can't."

"But..."

"I have a reason for refusing. And I will explain it to you."

*&*&*&*&

Fiona smiled as she waited for Hussein and Gina to come back. She spotted Husseina walking up to her and frowned.

"Good afternoon Fiona. Lovely to see you here! Are you all alone?"

"Isn't your second hand boyfriend waiting for you?"

Husseina rolled her eyes. "Jerk."

"There's the loser table dummy. BE GONE!"

Husseina walked away, but not before that she told Fiona that she better watch her back. Fiona rolled eyes.

Just as she settled on eating her burger, Hussein slid into her seat. She saw Niall, Zayn and Tori take different seats. Which she found weird. For the past week, they'd been inseparable.

She watched Jade and Dallas seat with André. When she pointed it out, Hussein laughed and made a comment to the effect that she was a 'watcher' and it wasn't at all creepy.

"Where's Gina?" She asked Hussein who just looked as clueless as her. Then they both heard a voice singing.

I wanna party and push
Party and push!
Let's party and push,
Party party!

Then Jade stood up after there was a chorus of voices that joined the first singer who happened to be Tori.

Let's get it started, in here!

Then the beatboxing started as Nathan stepped up singing P!nk's "Get This Party Started."

I'm coming up, so you better get this party started.
I'm coming up so you better get this party started.

Jade joined in singing as he sang.

Get this party started
I'm coming up so you better get this party started...
Get this party started
I'm coming up, so you better get this party started.

Then Dallas ran to them. "Shh!"

"What is it?" One of the ballet dancers asked.

"Can't you hear it?"

"What?"

Just then, there was some beatboxing that started. Then some more harmonizing before Fiona heard her voice.

Hopped off the plane at the LAX
with my dreams in my cart again.
Welcome to the land of fame access
Am I gonna fit in?

Dallas joined in, singing with Tori and Niall.
So I put my hands up, they're playing my song,
The butterflies fly away,
Yeah, yeah, yeah
It's a Party in the USA.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
It's a Party in the USA.

Then André started the next piece of the song. It was a surprise to hear him sing.

Forever young, I  wanna live
Forever young.
Do you really wanna live forever, or never, forever, forever.

Then Zayn joined it as other people fell back to beatboxing. He was repeating the words with André as Fiona frantically looked at Hussein. "Where is Gina?!"

Do you really wanna live forever, or never, forever?

Then the perfect voice joined in.

Forever young,
I wanna live forever young,

Then Zayn started to sing with her the rest of the song.

Do you really wanna live forever, or never, forever?
(I do, you do, we do)
Do we really wanna live forever, or never forever?

Just like that, the face behind the dancers stepped out, and Fiona gasped. The whole hall was thrown into little murmurs.

"I guess we don't have to look for her anymore then," Hussein replied as they watched Zayn stare in shock at the one and only girl he loved.

"You are all cordially invited to the Winter Formal and Showcase this December!"