6.

Zayn shook his head at Husseina's sleeping form. He had carried her to her bed. Then he had tucked her in. Her hijab went really well with her sweats.

Her face was serene. She looked like she was dreaming. He watched her sleep, her lips pouted enough to make him want to kiss her. It took his utmost to look away and cover her up properly so she wouldn't get cold.

Lower your gaze, lower your gaze. Lower your gaze.

He kept repeating it to himself, but it only got worse when she mumbled his name out with a sigh. He could feel his hands getting sweaty as his heart skipped a beat. She was dreaming about him!

He wanted to hold her in his arms and keep her there till the sun came up. He couldn't. He just couldn't. He was tired of being at her disposal. He wanted a relationship where the girl was receptive to his moves and advances. Zayn did not want much, even a wink back or a little acknowledgement would make him happy. Agreeing to go to dates would make him happy. Having someone he could talk to would make him happy. Husseina was neither. She didn't even want to marry him!

She despised him then.

Why did she act like she wanted him now?

He sighed, remembering the rest were downstairs. He got up and walked out, turning off the lights before shutting the door. He then remembered Gina had gone to the loo. She'd been gone for close to fifteen minutes. He had a feeling she was not going back anytime soon.

He was about to start going down the corridor when he heard a voice singing. It sounded really good. Zayn, being the musician he was, walked towards the sound.

Let it go, let it go,
Can't hold it back anymore.
Let it go, let it go,
Turn my back and slam the door.
And here I'll stand,
And here I'll stay.
Let it go, let it go,
The cold never bothered me anyway.

His feet led him to the door of the room. He was about to open the door, but chose not to. Whoever was in there deserved to enjoy their moment. He would not budge in. Instead, he decided to walk away. Whoever she was, she sounded good.

He couldn't help wondering who it was.

*&*&*&*&

The movie night ended before Gina reappeared. She came as soon as Niall announced that pizza was in the house.

Zayn found himself staring at her unusually bright eyes. The green did not stare back. She was busy talking to Fiona instead.

"Why are you looking at her?" He heard someone ask. He turned to see Nathan watching him. "Does she puzzle you?"

Zayn looked away, "what are you talking about?"

"She's beautiful. It's okay. It doesn't get any better you know. She's lovely. Closed up, but lovely."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because she's single, and you're single and interested, Zayn."

"I'm not..."

"She IS single. She is not seeing Max."

Zayn found himself smiling. So she was single... how lucky! He looked up at her just as she met his eyes. He couldn't help feeling a gush of emotions at how attractive she was.

He looked away as Nathan winked at him. "Good luck Malik."

With his charm, Zayn knew he didn't need it. He accepted it all the same. With a girl like Gina, no one knew how things could go. Especially now that he knew she dated Max.

"How did Max get her to date him?" He asked Nathan.

"Hah Malik, you won't cheat. I'll give you some advice though-be yourself and she'll stay. Change and she drops you like hot coal."

Easy as pie. Pie is not necessarily easy but... yes, I just need to be Zayn... And Zayn is beautiful.

*&*&*&*&