2.

When Maths class ended (it was a double lesson. the horror!), Gina and Fiona headed to the rest rooms before moving to the next class- Kiswahili.

Gina loved Kiswahili, not only because Fiona was good at it, but also because she herself was getting pretty good at it. The teacher was pretty sweet too.

After that was Geography. Since she didn't do Religious Education, she stayed back. Fiona left for her class. She had not updated Gina on what happened with Hussein. However, Hussein was her friend. He was her deskmate.

The class had just started when they heard a knock on the door. The teacher opened it to the most handsome asian guy Gina had seen since Sam Tsui. The latter was a seniour and he was also a promising musician.

He talked to the teacher in a gentle voice before she cleared her throat. "Class, this is our new student. He will introduce himself."

The new addition to Gina's class stood in front of them looking perfect. Gina looked up from her work to see Hussein grinning at someone. She looked up just as he spoke.

"Good morning, my name is Zayn Malik and I am a new student. Just transferred from Silversprings Academy. I am not an exchange student, but I am here for the school's acapella music program." When Gina heard this, she looked down at what she was doing, completely disregarding him.

Zayn, meanwhile, had not spotted her familiar face. Hussein was grinning at him, making him feel much better and less nervous. "I look forward to learning and making new friends while here. Thank you!"

The whole class clapped while Gina kept her head down. She hesitantly joined in the clapping just as one of the pretty popular guys hooted at Zayn. She looked to the back to see who it was, obviously Max who was also musically inclined. He all but winked at her, making her turn around and make a two with Zayn's eyes.

"You can find a seat Zayn. Thank you," the teacher said, making Gina break eye contact with Zayn speedily. He stared at her as Hussein waved him over. Gina focused on her work, ignoring how fast her heart was beating as he walked to Hussein's side.

The lesson ended with the teacher urging her students to finish the assignment by the next day. Gina did not look up as Hussein said goodbye and dragged Zayn out and away with him.

She, thus, didn't notice Max stare at her as he walked out with his cronies. She never saw the look of attraction he gave her.

*&*&*&*&

Fiona could not stop talking about how the Religious Education class had gone. Niall and his girlfriend Tasha had been asked about sex before marriage and she, as usual refused to say anything. Tasha had always been a quiet and sweet girl. She loved Niall and had confessed it to him during the previous year's juniour prom. They had since been inseparable, and were now dating. They were a cool couple, and sat with Max's obnoxiously loud friends most times when they were not alone.

"She refused to speak!"

"She did. Mr. Weatherby then had to ask Dixon about it, seeing as how he had a sex tape..."

"You do know Dixon is my cousin, right?" Gina mentioned.

"I do. But, come on, admit it whoa! WHO is that?"

"Who?" Gina asked, her line of thought interrupted as she locked eyes with HIM.

Her green-brown eyes stared at him, rooting him to the spot. Then she looked away as Hussein came to him and started to drag him to their table. She was too hungry to leave her food and looked at her watch instead. Keke Palmer passed by, waving "hello" to her.

"Can we seat with you?" Hussein asked. Fiona agreed enthusiastically, immediately launching into Niall's situation.

"I'm Zayn," he said while smiling.

"Gina."

He ate slowly, savoring the taste in each bite of his food while staring at her. She looked like someone he knew. He wanted to ask her but got interrupted by Max. He slid in next to Gina and kissed her cheek. "Sorry sweetheart. I did not intend to take this long!"

Gina was shivering but hid it. Max irritated her to no end. Why was he still bugging her then?

Fiona's eyes were wide in fear, and Hussein looked like he could kill the jerk she used to see.