40.

Why, do you not see,
The place in your heart that was meant for me?

Nick sighed. Carlos had been insistent on him coming to the party, yet the energetic gentleman was nowhere to be seen. He had already watched various couples arriving for the function at the house. Even Max and his supposed girlfriend Husseina came. Husseina actually came.

Where was Carlos?!

Once again, another car drew up and he watched as Gina and Henna got out arguing. He had to smile at that. Typical siblings. His smile got even bigger when he saw the person who was breaking up the argument.

She was here. Fiona was here. Where could Carlos be?

"Hey Nick. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just waiting for a friend," he said as a reply to Gina's question. "Kevin is inside. He's been waiting for you," he said to Henna who pushed past them all too eagerly.

"Hi Fi. Didn't know you were coming," he said, finally speaking to Gina's best friend. She giggled.

"I had to come. She'd kill me for it," she said while stealing a look at Gina who was nodding her head like an over-enthusiastic gecko- pun intended- as she searched for something.

"Zayn is here. He came amomg the first guests. He was with Niall and the Potatoes."

"Is that an actual band? Or that's what they call the gang now?" Fiona echoed making Nick laugh along with her.

Gina spotted Zayn and ran off. Fiona sighed and rolled her eyes at her friend's eager departure. How was she to talk to this guy who, though was very attractive, was also a stalker. At least that was what Gina thought. He was the first on their 'suspect stalkers' list that they made a few days before.

"You came without Hussein?" He asked, waiting to hear what she would say. "Does he know you are here?"

"I left him a message. He was all too happy to hear I was finally leaving the comfort zone."

Nick smiled then, as Carlos raced out to meet them. "Hey Nick! Wow, Fiona! You came too?!"

Fiona blushed as she nodded, making Carlos ask Nick if he had dragged her there because he had actually grown a pair to ask her out. Nick was all too eager to hit him in the belly, which made Carlos yelp.

"Are you quite finished yet?" He spoke, making Carlos nod. "I think it's time we all enjoyed the party now."

Leading the way to the party inside didn't take long. It had already started, and was spread all over James' house. The DJ was a friend of Joe so Nick was familiar with him too. Fiona was instantly interested in the spinning and spent some time begging the Deejay to, first show her, then try. Nick smiled as he watched Joe and Taylor talking in the VIP section. He also watched the various bands that were all huddled up near Kendall who was laying down the rules. Logan stood by listening and supplying additional information. Carlos was dancing with a girl who looked like his date tonight. She looked pleased with her catch.

Nick's eyes then sought out Liam who was dancing with a campus girl. Nearby was Louis and Eleanor who looked so cute talking to Harry and Niall. Niall's girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. Zayn was nowhere near his new friends. He was talking to Gina by the pool, and they looked so cute together.

Max and his buddies were together, listening keenly to Kendall. Nick couldn't help appraising him. He wondered why things never worked between Max and Gina. The guy had actually fallen into line of late and he couldn't help remembering who made it happen: Gina's ex best friend.

Nick wondered why Gina had not seen that coming. Then again, how could she? She trusted her friend and thought her a sister when she really wasn't. Nick felt bile rising in his throat as he watched Husseina making her way to her new boyfriend. She kissed him and Nick rolled his eyes.

"Nick!" He felt someone shaking him up. "Man, wake up! Your girl needs a drink."

Nick smiled at the DJ and thanked him for shaking him awake. He went and got the three of them something to drink, and paid great detail to Fiona's drink. On his way back, he met James who confronted him about bringing Fiona as his date. He was obviously upset.

"If you can't even ask a girl out Nicky," he teased. "How will you get her to dance with you?"

"Shut up James," Nick growled out.

"Oooh, little Jonas Brother is so pissed at me right now! Look here Nicky, I am insulted too. How about we solve this here and now? I think a dance-off is pretty good, huh?"

Nick looked around, just then noticing that everyone was looking at them both. He gulped as James smirked and made chicken noises, then nodded. He put the drinks on a table and rejoined the dance circle. James stated that the winner got to have Fiona for the rest of the night.

Fiona was too busy giggling to see the two boys talking about her. She watched them, each having a certain gleam in their eyes.

The DJ started by spinning "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang which both guys danced to quite well. Even then, James took round one.

Round two had both boys dance to hip-hop which impressed everyone but Nick won. The third one was Rock but they both tied.

"For the tie-breaker, ladies and gentlemen, James chooses Sabrina Carpenter as his partner for the salsa!" The DJ proudly announced before hitting 'play.' They both danced to their best abilities, but Nick saw that they didn't have practice.

"For the next challenger, Nick Jonas will be dancing against..."

"Me," Fiona spoke up. "He will be dancing with me."